Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comic Time (now with vol. 2!)

1. Penny's reply was hysterical. And I love MacHall. I love the art style, that kid has some serious talent. And "buttsex" is their catch phrase kinda. Something that happened in real life that made it into the comic as a joke. It's mentioned sparingly.

2. Hero: It was funny enough and given that most comics are barely chuckle worthy it stands up pretty well. The only bit of constructive criticism I have to add is that you should work on placing your lowecase i's further away from other letters. They're kinda hard to see right now.

3. PVP is one of, if not the, most popular web comics on the internet. It's good and Scott Kurtz is well known in the comic world for his work. He even has a comic book deal with Image comics.

Penny-Arcades reply was alright. They didn't really insult Kurtz, though. The whole grid was upside down, almost slandering themselves and saying how much more successful PVP was. I didn't get it. It was pretty funny.

PVP really zinged Penny Arcade though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. It's shaping up nicely, Hero . Oh, but are you sure you want to make it a three panel funny instead of four? A three panel strip just feels a bit... restrained. You can do so much more with four panels, Hero.

Btw, thanks for introducing me to PVP. It was kinda so-so at first, but the more I read and know the characters, me like. Reminds me of Peanuts in some way. Good stuff.

5. well, I can switch off between three and four, can't I? =p

Or even do a large one panel, if it suits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. I like your use of small, super deformed characters.

It is great for expressive dynamic movement. Remember how much more active short and stubby Calvin was able to do just about anything in those tiny squares that Newspapers pass off as panels.

(apparently laughter isn't quite important enough to be separated from the horroscopes, and what's-her name and her sister)
    Only you can stop sig pollution.