Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Beat Cancer

1. I Beat Cancer

Febuary 27th, 2003: I was diagnosed with asteosarcoma to my right shoulder. I didn't know how my life would be effected because of this, I didn't even realize it was as serious as it was. For the next 8-9 months, my life sucked.

As the weeks went by, the side effects of cancer hit me. Loss of hair, throwing up, loss of appetite, and some other minimum stuff.

May 16th, 2003: Surgery day. My family went through hell on this day. While I was sound asleep for hours and hours, my parents were so worried, and it was just a real tough time for them. But everything turned out better then expected.

Physical Therapy: Every week for 2 times a day I go to physical therapy for an hour. I still have to go for a few more months, but I don't really mind. Although it does make me feel bad knowing my right arm will never be the same again.

As for sports, I can't really say if I will be able to play. Well, I can, but not as good. My right arm will probably never go straight up again. But right now, I'm not really thinking about sports.

I haven't gone to school for sometime now, and I will be returning January 2nd, 2004. I don't know what classes I'll have, nor what grade I'll be in. But I did have a very interesting tutor for the time I didn't go to school, and I will still see her. She works on movie sets so she tells me a lot of cool stories.

October 20th, 2003: I finished chemotherapy.

I still have to get some scans done, and I have to see my doctor for a few check ups, no biggie. I don't know when I will remove my portacath, and if you don't know what that is, its a device near my left shoulder that makes drawing blood or giving chemotherapy or medicine or whatever easier. It sticks out and I can't wait to have it removed.

I think I drove my parents and relatives crazy these past few months. I've had it my way most of the time, I've gotten mad at them for the stupidest reasons, and I really need to apologize to them all.

Oh a cool side note, I met Queen Latifah on Saturday at the hospital. I got a picture with her and we talked for a little bit.

Well that was my year of hell, and what the future holds, only time will tell. All I know is my dad is ready to fork over a lot of cash for me for trips. And I still haven't made my wish from the Make A Wish Foundation. I got to get my weight back and my hair(and it just doesn't go on your head ), then it'll be all good. I lost about 50+ pounds.

I am also going to start drinking Coke, Pepsi, and eating any hot and/or spicy foods I want, since during the chemotherapy my mom said they will "harm" me. I plan to sit my mom down and eat as many jalapenos, Spicy Foritos, and Flamin' Hot Cheetos and drink as much Pepsi and Coke as I can.

Thanks for your time and I am one happy guy.

2. ...
    Umm, are you new? Jeremy tried this and it didn't go over very well. Congrats and stuff though.

3. If Id beat cancer, Id post the same thing. Hell, Id be like that guy on the Cheerios commercial.

"Hi; I just beat Cancer!"
    "Hello, I beat Cancer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

4. Yeah, well I had the stereo stolen out of my car last night. HA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

The driver-side power window of my car stopped working... it's pretty distressing, especially at drive-throughs.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. I think we scared him off. We would've given him a stroke anyhow, so it's for the best.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    The driver-side power window of my car stopped working... it's pretty distressing, especially at drive-throughs.
    I had that happen...got stuck open during the middle of winter. Sucked.

Now my passenger side is getting pretty slow to open so I don't use it much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

It happened the DAY AFTER it was at the dealership for tire rotation, etc.

HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. congrats for beating cancer and raping his wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

10. Yeah! You must feel really good. Wow. I bet the next camping trip is going to be really stimulating.

Enjoy life.