Thread: Official Yu Yu Hakusho Thread

1. Official Yu Yu Hakusho Thread

Well two volumes of this series are out and I've yet to see any talk about it. I'm assuming people are not tackling this one just yet since its a hefty one but after seeing what this series has to offer I'm left with only one question... "Why hasn't anyone else picked these up yet?"

I'll admit the animation takes a step back when compared to more recent offerings like Soultaker for example but in the end it's the story that holds everything together and this one does it extremely well. I don't know if it can sustain this pleasant existence for the remainder of its large library but as its stands its an excellent watch. I found myself caring for characters, laughing my ass off at situations or actions, dropping my jaw in disbelief from some of the action this older series has to offer. In fact this show really holds nothing back when it comes to action. It's all about kicking ass with the best of them. Add a funny cast of characters to the mix and you've got yourself an addiction on a disc. With a very flexible premise I find myself looking forward to seeing what else this series has to offer.

Any other takers?

D

2. Yu Yu rocks my world. It's pretty much the ONLY show I watch on tv now(American TV has been sucking much arse lately).

Good thing CN shows it first, cause I would HATE to have to sit through those other shows to get to it(especially that fruity Pilot Candidate).

3. Well, I caught it few times on the Sat Adult Swim, and it is pretty good. I dont think I will be buying a dvd collection of it , but its a fun watch on tv, for sure. Characters are likeable, and storyline is interesting to follow. I will try to watch more eps, as it goes along.

4. Well it's great to hear that this series is getting some exposure on cable but myself I'll be sticking to the DVD's since I like watching things on my own schedule and in their best formats. Not to mention the fact that I'll watch it again, so will my cousin, and my kids so on and so fourth.

D

5. I have been watching YYH (along with Samurai Jack) a lot on cartoon network as well. I get all nostalgic watching it again

I dunno if it warrant a purchase on dvd since I am low on cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

6. I saw it fansubbed way back and once was enough. The beginning eps are great, but as soon as it gets into those multi-episode battles, it taints the whole series for me. Besides, I have too many DVDs as it is. Need to buy more carefully from now on.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. yu yu hakusho is an amazing series before the characters get their powers. But that whole entire arc was removed from the anime. Which is unfortunate. As it is, its good characters in a generic series. Yusuke has the uncanny ability to get some last chance no matter how foolish. They should have just made his battles even.

Kuwahara= about the best damn character in almost any series. I'd love to see him and Yusuke have a series where they're human and getting rowdy on the streets of Tokyo, but its not going to happen.