Thread: Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water

1. Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water

I'm looking for some thoughts / opinions on this TV series.

It's a lengthy series [39 eps.], so it's a pretty big investment... [10 discs x $XX]

Tell me something. Anything.

2. It's better than the first series, "Nadia: The Secret of Yellow Snow".

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. It's a very slow paced series, like EVA can be at times. The story starts off light hearted, but gets dark by the second disc (and becomes light again later, then back to dark... etc). The main characters is a child genius inventor (who has an outragious french accent in the dub, you silly king) and a mysterious girl named Nadia who wears the key to a super power source or ancient treasure (I'm getting it a little mixed up with Disney's Atlantis since Disney shamelessly ripped off Nadia). Two different groups are out to get it, one is there for comedy relief, the other to wear silly masks.

Since I stopped after the second disc, I can't really recommend it. I really liked the light hearted stuff, but when it got dark I stopped caring.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. I've watched the entire series and quite enjoyed it. It gets better as it goes on and gets into the main plot, but there are a few episodes (around ep. 13?) where they're stuck on a desert island that are just dreadful.

I hope to play the Nadia video games someday when I know Japanese. It's a very cool universe.

The feature-length movie is supposed to suck, though. I haven't seen it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Click_Stick
    It's a lengthy series [39 eps.], so it's a pretty big investment... [10 discs x $XX]
    And rightstuf.com just had a huge sale on it a few weeks back

6. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    And rightstuf.com just had a huge sale on it a few weeks back
    Yea, I know. That's what prompted my questions about the series. I didn't really want to buy it, though.

7. Try to rent it at least. It gets really good. It's got a great late 80s / early 90s vibe to it that I really dig.

I like the first episode a lot, too.