Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1020222324

Thread: 24 Season 3 Thread

1. Well, After few dreadful episodes, the season finale actualy deliverd. It wasnt the greatest 24 hour ever, but it was solid, for almost of of its lenght.

Good things first:

Very cool endin moments with Jack, alone in the car. They show that he actually still human, and he can be tortured by memories of things he's done, and lost. At first I thought he rushes to his car to get his fix, then when camera focuses on his face, I was expecting for him to start nosebleeding at the last second, but writers took different route, and just given us another side of Jack.

Jacks actions with Fire axe were badass. I am glad they actually went through with it, and made Jack chop Chases hand. Sure, its a bit of striving for happy ending to give Chase the hand back, (was the hand actually attached back, or it's just my imagination?). Plus it was the same hand that Chase was already shot through in Mexico.

Bad guy beat the shit out of Chase. It was nicely done brutal. Most of the action this episode was done in a good way.

Kim's Boyfriend Curse RETURNS Even poor Chase gets affected. Last season its leg, this time its arm

Very goos scene with Tony and Michele. Poor Tony accepts that he is screwed, and shares one final goodbye kiss with Michelle. Very good scene, but I still think that they should have killed Michelle at the hotel.

Bad things:

But WTF was with introduction of Gael's wife, just for one REASON. To close Saunders storyarch, and plus give heroes some more run for their money, right before Raben could be identified. And GUNS apparently are everywhere at CTU, since this civilian charcter is able to score one and perform assassination of major player right in the middle of CTU.

Plus its Damn Chloe fault as always, since she moves Kim who was supposed to guard Mrs Ortega to do whatever Kim does for her.

CTU ONCE AGAIN screws things up. I mean they trying to capture Extremely dangerous terrorist in the closed subway station, and who they post to guard the exit? 2 Friggin LA cops. Not even some of CTU personel. Its 2nd dumbest thing this season after Tony sending 5 people guarding back of Saunders hideout. Just stupid. But I guess, if Rabens didnt escape, we wouldnt have school showdown.

Hmm, The Palmer brothers. Whining, groaning, whimping. Good thing that Palmer is stepping down from the president role, maybe he will be actually GOOD next season, or maybe they wont even show him, which will be a good idea. Keep Wayne away too.
    Since Sherry is dead and embarrasingly bad Milliken storyine is closed, there are no more need for Palmer.

Just concentrate on Jack kicking ass.

More 24 News about next season:

"24" will open and close with two-hour installments as well as feature a two-hour special event episode in the middle of the season. Said moves are designed so that "24" will be able to run for 21 consecutive weeks beginning in January and close by the end of May sweeps. In addition, several cast changes are in store for the drama. Both Reiko Aylesworth and James Badge Dale have been informed their options for the show's fourth season have not been picked up while Carlos Bernard, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Zachary Quinto and Daniel Dae Kim's futures remain up in the air (Kim is currently attached to the ABC drama "Lost"). As for regulars Kiefer Sutherland, Dennis Haysbert and Elisha Cuthbert, all three are expected to return with Cuthbert more than likely being demoted to recurring status due to her feature commitments. Nevertheless, fans of the series should take note that in previous seasons Sarah Clarke and Penny Johnson Jerald's options weren't picked up however each went on to play critical roles in both this season and last season

And funny commentary

Chloe manages to pull Kim off the one job she might have managed competently, watching a wife who's husband died just hours earlier clean out his fucking desk for some reason. His body isn't even cold yet, but his civilian wife is allowed into CTU to clean out his desk in the middle of a crisis, where he apparantly keeps an emergency pistol, probably for shooting Chloe when she starts spouting employee handbook rules.

"We've got two guys on every exit. The place is sealed tight!"
    "Uh, didn't we let an unarmed teenage kid escape from the fucking mall just yesterday afternoon?"

One man with a knife kills two armed L.A. policemen who are guarding the exits and looking for bad guys trying to escape with no one hearing or seeing a thing.

I've seen the Hall County, Georgia, police department trap a fleeing automobile faster and better than the CTU guys.

Chase gets his hand cut off, and is in surgery two minutes later.

Then Jack, who is now free from a heroin addiction he had earlier in the day, has a little crying jag and gets back to work.

- Supervillan, in a time frame of 10 seconds the last carrier was able to elude the lineup without anyone noticing, kill two officers without either one going to the radio for backup and carjack someone. I wonder why he took the car, clearly he could use powers of flight

- CTU and their spealism. Apparently having Chloe the only one to work radio wasn't bad enough. They also decide the Tony is the only person who can tell backup "now take a left on main". If a bad guy ever find out which CTU member turns the lightbulbs they are so dead.

- President decides not to seek another term. Am I suppose to think that this completly redeems him? On the good side we may see a president that knows things like "that pill bottle isn't enough to charge me with murder" (sorry for harping on the pill bottle its just for me that the worst plotline in television history).

2. Odd how the two best moments of the season involved Jack killing and quartering his own CTU team. Sherry getting capped is right up there, but it would have been better if Chloe had killed her -- "Look, I'm just saying that you're loitering...you can't do that...I'm going to have to shoot you, okay?"
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

3. Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Undaunted
    Meh, I like this season's mellow ending. I was getting tired of the previous seasons' cliffhanger endings where they leave you wondering all summer and are subsequently forgotten in the following season. For once,a 24 season actually had some closure in it.
    Dude, season 1 had no cliffhanger. It's not like his wife found Nina, Nina drew her gun and then it said "TUNE IN NEXT YEAR FOR THE CONCLUSION OF THESE 24 EPISODES OMG!" That's one of the things I LOVED about season 1. Everything important wrapped up.

That's one of the things I HATED about season 2 "WILL PALMER DIE?!?!?!?!" Fuck that. The only real cliffhanger for season 1 was how Jack would live after his wife's death, and we found out right at season 2's start that it would be as a suicidal BADASS.
    So I forced my hands in my pockets and felt with my thumbs and gallantly handed her my very last piece of gum.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Undaunted
    Meh, I like this season's mellow ending. I was getting tired of the previous seasons' cliffhanger endings where they leave you wondering all summer and are subsequently forgotten in the following season. For once,a 24 season actually had some closure in it.

Oh, don't get me wrong...I really liked the ending. I was just all prepared for an OMFG OMFG IT CANT BE!!! sort of ending...and got a pleasant surprise. The closure was awesome, but it was fairly anticlimatic. In a good way.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousRacerC
    Dude, season 1 had no cliffhanger. It's not like his wife found Nina, Nina drew her gun and then it said "TUNE IN NEXT YEAR FOR THE CONCLUSION OF THESE 24 EPISODES OMG!" That's one of the things I LOVED about season 1. Everything important wrapped up.

That's one of the things I HATED about season 2 "WILL PALMER DIE?!?!?!?!" Fuck that. The only real cliffhanger for season 1 was how Jack would live after his wife's death, and we found out right at season 2's start that it would be as a suicidal BADASS.
    Not exactly. You know, there's a reason why Nina killed Bride in the first place. You know, the whole "kill anyone who can connect us to Germany" reasoning behind it. It seems as if the writers were trying to tie all the loose ends as much as possible, what with killing nearly every major character on the show (including Nina and Sherry), but still need to explain the whole deal with Germany to us for once.

6. That hasn't been tied up because it's (supposed to be) an ongoing plot point. Like that itty bit of the German speaker on the boat in Season 2. Season 3 threw it out of the window, though, since it was retarded.

Edit: The seaon was retarded, not the German.
    So I forced my hands in my pockets and felt with my thumbs and gallantly handed her my very last piece of gum.

7. In the beginning of Season 3, Palmer said that all of the conspirators behind the attack in Season 2 were captured and punished, thus closing that storyarch without even taking time to give viewers any more information. Pretty much threw it all out of the window, just like MysteriousRacerC said above.

And I will gladly take Season 2 conspiracy plot over this season's Great Idea of Jack/Tony/Gael to get the virus, and especially whole Milliken fuckup.

8. Kim Bauer speaks about Season 4

Elisha On Next Year's "24":
    "So her character may be stuck with some of the weaker subplots on TV right now (albeit squeezed into one of the small screen's best), but actress Elisha Cuthbert herself on the other hand is going from strength to strength with movies out, more in the works and a solid reputation already building. Today she took some brief time out from shooting "House of Wax" to explain what is happening in regards to her fate next year in "24".

First up she confirmed the reports that Kiefer Sutherland will be the only regular character next year are true, with her part reduced to 'recurring' status - "I'm coming back as also recurring. I think the only regular on the show for the fourth season will be Kiefer. They haven't given me any episodes so far, I have the choice to either do the ones that they write me in or not, depending upon my schedule".

She also revealed that "I think they have a really great idea coming up for the fourth year, sadly I probably won't be as involved as much as I have been in the past three years, but it has been a great run for me and I'm content with that because I think they have some different plans . I hear they're bringing on some really great actors also, so while you're losing a couple of your regulars - you'll get be getting some pretty great new ones".