Thread: Steam Detectives and Witch Hunter Robin Vol. 1 DVDs

1. Steam Detectives and Witch Hunter Robin Vol. 1 DVDs

I've been looking forward to Witch Hunter Robin for awhile and was pleased to find it on he shelf today at Best Buy. One thing has me confused, however- all of the reviews I've read show the DVD with this cover:

However, the cover I saw on the shelf was this, which I like much less:

Of course, the box sets with the extra stuff was available as well, and I assumed that the good cover would be contained in those...however, one had the plastic torn partially off, so I peeled it back a little more, just enough to check out the cover of the DVD in there...damn same thing. Bah. What's the deal? I'm waiting to pick it up until I find out what's up with the cover situation.

Also (this was a complete suprise for me), Steam Detectives Vol. 1 was on the shelf as well! I'm a huge fan of the manga and I know the TV series was out in Japan a while ago, but I'd heard nothing about it finally being released here! Anyway, have any of you guys ever watched this? Is it any good, and how does it compare to the manga?

Sharp cover...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. While I can't comment on Steam Detectives, Dolemite, animeondvd.com reports that vol. 1 of WHR has a reversible front cover (the flipside is the cover of the Japanese vol. 3). I haven't picked up the disc myself so I can't 100% confirm it for you but...well, there it is.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

3. I've been wanting to see witch hunter robin, too bad I'm piss poor and can't get it yet.

I seen a trailor for Steam Detectives....and it looks like crap. I love the manga too, but something about the anime looks crappy. The animation just looks cheap on it. I'm hoping its just a bad trailor.

4. Bio is right, WHR has a reversable cover. The first pic is the flipside of the second pic.

I got my WHR boxset in the mail the other day, but the DVD had popped out of the spindle and got scratched to all hell and back. So... now I wait on the replacement

5. Thanks for clearing that up, guys. Why wouldn't they use the other side of the cover on the shelf? It's much cooler...

BTW, kabuki, how's all the stuff in the boxset? I heard it comes with a t-shirt, soundtrack, drinking glass, cells...and how much did you pay for it? Best Buy has it for $52, if I remember correctly...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww