Thread: Giant Robo

1. Giant Robo

THe only DVD i've manged to get is the VCD bootleg, and it's got some HORRID subtitles (the first time i've ever encountered some bad sub's), and I was just wondering if this has seen release at least in Japan yet?

I know they've been delaying the US release for what seems like years now, and I'm anxious to finally watch a non butchered version.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. my friend bought an awesome korean box set with english subs. i'm not sure if it's all-region. there is, of course, a japanese box as well, but i don't know the specifics of the release.

3. Manga recently said they no longer have the license to Giant Robo.

Supposedly, a new to the anime localization biz company/group/whatever picked it up, but that remains to be seen.

But the good news is Manga no longer has it. Let's hope whoever got it will do it justice as well as get us the Ginrei OVAs in one way or another.

4. You had me at ginrei oav's, i have been looking for them for years. i would buy it again, as my vhs copies are getting worn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

5. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    my friend bought an awesome korean box set with english subs. i'm not sure if it's all-region. there is, of course, a japanese box as well, but i don't know the specifics of the release.
    I think I might have that same set. Yeah, it's all region. It contains English subs, as well as an English Dub track. The English subs are great, much, much better than the previous release which got almost all the names wrong (Gin Rei = Fragrance?!) and the garbled Engrish made the subs totally unreadable.

I gave away my old set to a Japanese friend of mine, so he'll never have to worry about the subs.

6. I never heard of a Korean set. I know there's a Japanese set with the dub but no subs. Seen it a con for 80 dollars and almost got it.
    pwned by Ivan

7. Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts
    I think I might have that same set. Yeah, it's all region. It contains English subs, as well as an English Dub track. The English subs are great, much, much better than the previous release which got almost all the names wrong (Gin Rei = Fragrance?!) and the garbled Engrish made the subs totally unreadable.

I gave away my old set to a Japanese friend of mine, so he'll never have to worry about the subs.
    I got that same one, with the horrible subs... I love when they call him Giant Bobo.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)