Thread: Virus Alert (once again!)

1. Virus Alert (once again!)

(Originally posted at GameFAQs)

Just to summarize the previous posts... Klez is a new e-mail worm that can automatically launch itself and start sending itself to people without you clicking on the attachment if you happen to be using a certain unpatched browser/e-mail program combination (Internet Explorer 5.0 or 5.5, Outlook Express). Not only does it send itself to people in your mail history, it forges the From: address to make it look like other people are sending it.

So, two things to remember: First, if you don't have a virus scanner or haven't updated your browser or mail programs lately, please do one or the other. Better yet, do both. Secondly, if you get a copy of the virus in the mail from someone, it wasn't sent by the person it appears to be from, so please don't complain to them about it.

2. thanks bahn for letting us know
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"

3. yeah dude..thanks
    *hides under a rock*
    tell me when its gone
    You can never be one of the dead, because something that has no existence can have no community.

Frontiers

4. Its too bad Norton doesn't like my computer, I have to rely on good 'ol F-Prot to keep me safe from these evil things. Ack
    omg TNL epics!

5. Re: Virus Alert (once again!)

Originally posted by bahn
    (Originally posted at GameFAQs)

So, two things to remember: First, if you don't have a virus scanner or haven't updated your browser or mail programs lately, please do one or the other. Better yet, do both. Secondly, if you get a copy of the virus in the mail from someone, it wasn't sent by the person it appears to be from, so please don't complain to them about it.
    Third, stop using MS Outlook because its a terribly programmed piece of crap that's only good for transmitting viruses ^_^

- Kabuki

(currently listening to Entropy by MC Hawking - download it at mp3.com !!)