Thread: Live Action Sailor Moon

1. WTF Live Action Sailor Moon

So I was browsing bittorrent links looking for some decent anime to download when something caught my eye. It was a Sailor Moon link... but labelled "Live Action." I mean, no... it couldn't be! Actual live action Sailor Moon?! But that would be horrible in every possible way! Naturally, that meant I had to see it.

And so I've just finished browsing the non-subbed second episode, in which they combine the director from Power Rangers, the music from a soap opera, the fighting choreographer of a third-grader's play, the budget of Sabrina The Teenage Witch, and actresses that have never been in front of a camera before. Is it painful? You bet your ass it is.

Luna exists primarily as a stuffed animal and occasionally comes to life as a CG creation that looks just like a CG creation of a stuffed animal, although they often just have the actual stuffed animal nod its head while Luna talks to save on budget. The evil queen whose name escapes me right now was apparently assaulted by a transvestite clown who left little more in its wake then bad fashion.

The majority of the episode is teenage girls doing all of nothing, which eventually cuts to the rubber costumes and - the horrible moment everyone knew was coming - the transformations. The background goes all Photoshop while all clothes except a glowing white single-piece swimsuit disappears, whereupon they twirl their hands and makeup appears. Then their outfits pop on a piece at a time and they strike a ridiculous pose with a blantant wig that never was and never will be part of their real hair. Needless to say this is followed by a distrastous attempt at what some might deem "fighting," although I prefer the term "quadreplegic ballet."

Is there any hope for this? Not without a suitable dub. With that, I leave you all with a parting shot of the evil queen.

2. man, i was hoping this would be about the american live action Sailor Moon from the 90's. not the new live action one in japan. good thing the early 90's version was never actually made though. whatever they did have was terrible. they even had a Sailor Cripple!!!

3. Mech, you should track down the subbed version. The subbers actually make fun of the series, though I've only seen a few screenshots. Even the director of the series admits the lead is a terrible actress, though claims she's getting better.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. Ok, I watched the sub, and that was the funniest thing ever. Especially the commercials.

5. I can't find the sub.

6. I watched the preview with the show, and I don't see what's wrong. This shit's funnier than Monty Python!
    http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime...es/canti04.gif
    The over imaginative Ninja's fought the rum filled pirates untill battle drew to a close.

7. The paraody of the subs does actually make it worth the watch, remember, your watching it to laugh at how bad it is.

And even if you cant stand it with the partial change in subs, the commercials in the middle make it so worth it. Sucks there wasent any in episode 2.

8. Quote Originally Posted by §eraphim
    The paraody of the subs does actually make it worth the watch, remember, your watching it to laugh at how bad it is.

And even if you cant stand it with the partial change in subs, the commercials in the middle make it so worth it. Sucks there wasent any in episode 2.
    Evil Evil Kitty Evil Evil Kitty Evil Evil Kitty Evil Evil Kitty...