Thread: Hot Shots Golf or Mario Golf?

1. Hot Shots Golf or Mario Golf?

I need a good multi player game and golf seems ideal. Which of these games is best for this in mind? I'm not going to be playing much single player and I hope there's a 'pass the joypad' system as dicking around with 4 pads is a pain.

I am of course hesitating between Mario Golf on GC and Minna no Golf 3 (or 4 when that's out).

2. Mario Golf is very multiplayer oriented. Slots and Ring modes are great. I'd imagine it has 4 player mode available without 4 controllers, though ive never checked.

I stopped following hot shots when Camelot jumped ship. If you are looking for online modes, its the one, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I can't imagine that it tops Camelot's newest outing, as Camelot are the masters of the links.

3. Mario Golf. Not only does it have a lot of depth, but it has the classic Nintendo feel, a ton of Nintendo characters, great graphics and music.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

4. Mario does have the "pass the controller option", and it's really fun, although some of the later courses are pretty tough.

5. I've played both long winded multiplayer situations, and as a person who isn't that big on golf I'd say skip both and just play Super Monkey Ball's Mini Golf mini game.

Yup, this sure was a pretty helpful post.

6. I prefer Hot Shots Golf 3.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

7. It probably comes down to whether you and your multiplayer buddies see the Mario license as a good or bad thing. The games are pretty close otherwise.

8. Seeing as battle mode Super Mario Kart on my Xbox is a popular feature, I don't think the Mario license will get in the way here. I don't care too much for online and this;

"Mario does have the "pass the controller option""

is the clincher. Thanks chaps.