Thread: Is UFC:Tapout any good?

1. Is UFC:Tapout any good?

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but from a pure gameplay perspective... is it any fun?

2. I've heard that it's the DC game with better graphics...if that's any help. I liked the DC version...

3. I have the demo, and I have mixed feelings. It plays slower, and some of the reaction seems slower, so it's taken some time to get used to it, but I'm finally starting to like it. Also, the characters look worse, IMO, but the backgrounds and everything are better. Should be interesting once it comes out.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

4. Originally posted by TobalRox
    I have the demo, and I have mixed feelings. It plays slower, and some of the reaction seems slower, so it's taken some time to get used to it, but I'm finally starting to like it. Also, the characters look worse, IMO, but the backgrounds and everything are better. Should be interesting once it comes out.
    He was talking about Tapout (XB) not Throwdown (PS2/GC). At least I think that's what you were refering to.

Tapout is ok. Other than the graphics nothing was really improved over the DC UFC. The Create-a-Fighter had a few new things but not much. It's a good game if you have a few buddies to play with but the single player mode gets boring. Also, unless you have the type-S or a Mad Catz controler pulling off the X+B & Y+A moves tends be be a little difficult (I have to use 2 fingers and it gets very anoying). I also like using the d-pad for the UFC games and rotating the standard microsoft d-pad hurts my thumb (I've hated the MS d-pad since the first Sidewinder), however with a type-s or Mad Catz pad everything was great for me.

Type-S lover,
    -Gigas
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. Oh, my mistake.... I misread it. Sorry about that.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com