Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, how about that Gameforms??

1. So, how about that Gameforms??

Now that Gameforms is up...and GIA is officially gone, what do you think? I forgot that it launched the other day, and well - I was a bit disappointed (at least with its design). I am sure they'll make up for that with its content, and hopefully, a much more attractive design.

Definitely not of the same caliber as its predecessor. It's like looking at a classic get revamped from modern times, only to lose that quality which attracted you to the original in the first place.

I just don't see it yet...but I am probably getting ahead of myself.

The url is for those not in the know: http://www.gameforms.com/

2. I think it looks nice, but lacks the "super fast downloading, and content focus" look of theGIA.

I haven't spent much time browing the content yet, but I look foward to them keeping the rich tradition of theGIA alive.

Only one thing I really didn't like was the little hand drawn avatar picture in the upper corner...

3. Yes..quite.

Bring back GIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Originally posted by bahn
    ...Bring back GIA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Honestly,

If they have the same amount of commitment to wacky imports, and the quality of writing stays the same I'll be able to overlook the redesign.

5. Doesn't look like a game site at all. They need a few gamepics at least.

Capcommie Guest
    Originally posted by Kidnemo

Honestly,

If they have the same amount of commitment to wacky imports...
    That is something I am trying to nail down at Select Button. I can ony personally afford so many of those titles. In the interim, we did get reviews of some PCE and WS games already up.

7. Weee...

Interrum = interim.

Go go gadget spelling police! :jest:

8. Well, I finally spent some time reading the page (what there was of it), and I guess it's just to early to tell how Gameforms is going to shape up.

They didn't have much game info, just little bytes about where the old staff is, and what is going to happen with the site in the future.

I suppose I'll have to give it a couple of weeks to start fleshing it's self out.

9. i would have imagined that with the whole month that the GIA was just lying around, Gameforms would have spent some time on something instead of just a mailbag right on the front page. i was actually expecting to see some news that the GIA would have reported on. i think Kidnemo pretty much summed it up for me, it's going to take some time to see where they're headed.

10. I like the look of a lot of it, but that logo is crap.

Of course, like you guys have said, there really isn't much there yet.