Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Music Mixer

1. Yield Xbox Music Mixer

I saw this at Kay-Bee today. I almost got it but I wanted to check my network first.

Here's what it does (for those who don't know):
    PC to Xbox music and photo transfer: Take the multimedia experience from the den to the living room. Easily transfer audio files (WMA, MP3) and digital photos (JPG) from your PC to your Xbox video game system, creating the ultimate music and video library.

Karaoke: Grab the included microphone and showcase your vocal talents (or lack thereof) by singing along with more than a dozen karaoke hits from a variety of artists. Or, take it to the next level with a little free-form action. With digital vocal-stripping technology, you can remove the vocals from your favorite CDs and audio files—making nearly any karaoke request possible! Once you get it right, record your performances for playback anytime.

Xbox Media Player: Bring the club experience home with the interactive Media Player. Build your own soundtracks for hours of audio entertainment. Customize soundtracks to set the mood for any situation.

Photo album viewer: Are your photographs really doing you any good stored away in the closet or buried on your computer? Use the enhanced photo viewer to create the ultimate slide show by transferring photos from your PC to the Xbox, which can then be synched to customized soundtracks and special visual effects.

Rave mode: Enhance your audio with scores of cool 2-D and 3-D visualizers. Add real-time video and audio effects for an incredible sensory experience.

Xbox Live support: Download visualizers, get new karaoke tracks and music, know when your friends are online, and receive game invites.
    It seems like a cool little gadget to have but I'm not sure it's worth the price. has anyone bought it yet?

2. I am going to get this for my wife for Xmas. My only question is, how do you transfer files between the Xbox and the PC? A crossover cable? I'm a little confused there but I'm sure I can straigten it out.

3. Wouldn't the XBox's Hard Drive capacity be a problem for people with large song libraries? Although I do have 50,000 blocks worth of soundtracks, and my counter's still at 50,000+...
    Hmm...

4. Eight gigs of music isn't bad.

Then again, getting Xbox Media Player on a modded system and streaming everything from a PC is the way to go.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Nigel-The-Landstalker
    I am going to get this for my wife for Xmas. My only question is, how do you transfer files between the Xbox and the PC? A crossover cable? I'm a little confused there but I'm sure I can straigten it out.
    If you're on a network, you tranfer them that way. You need to DL the mixer tool from xbox.com and have your MM in the system. Turn them both on and transfer away! If you don't have a network, you'll need an Xbox link cable.

To install and run the PC Tool for Xbox Music Mixer, you’ll need:

• Microsoft® Windows® XP
    • Microsoft® Windows Media® Player 9.0: If you don’t have it, download it here.
    • A connection between your PC and your Xbox: Via a home network or direct crossover Ethernet cable.
    Note: If you use Windows XP firewall, you will need to make some settings adjustments in Windows for Music Mixer PC to work properly. For detailed instructions, see http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/ports.asp
    To set up a home network, visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/connect/choose.htm. Both the Router Connection and the Windows ICS Connection should work for you.

To connect your PC to your Xbox video game system without a home network, you will first need an RJ-45 crossover Ethernet cable. (An Xbox System Link Cable is a crossover Ethernet cable.)
    1. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the back of your Xbox.
    2. Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on your PC.
    3. Reboot your PC and your Xbox video game system.
    4. Start Xbox Music Mixer in your Xbox.
    5. Run Xbox Music Mixer PC Tool on your PC. (Click the Start button, select All Programs, and then choose Xbox Music Mixer PC Tool from the list.)

Check here for all the info.

6. "Photo album viewer: Are your photographs really doing you any good stored away in the closet or buried on your computer? Use the enhanced photo viewer to create the ultimate slide show by transferring photos from your PC to the Xbox, which can then be synched to customized soundtracks and special visual effects."

Can anyone comment on viewing .jpeg files on a standard bubble TV screen? This tool would come in great for family slide-show viewings.

Also, for the karaoke part, does it grab and display the lyrics from any CD you pop in?

7. I picked it up a few days ago randomly. It's pretty neat and being able to quickly transfer a lot of songs to the HD is a blessing.

This device should prove useful during Thanksgiving =X
    Play Guitar Hero //

8. I'm suprised at the usefullness of it. Good buy from 30 buck methinks.
    o_O

9. So you can take a song, put your own vocal track on it, then save it for use as a custom soundtrack for a game?
    pwned by Ivan

10. Yea but does it beat Little Sound DJ? I think not!