Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Katamari Damashii

1. News Katamari Damashii

I have had interest in this game since I saw coverage of it at the TGS this year.
    For those who don't know, Katamari Damashii is a game in which you control a Prince who has been sent to earth by his royal father to help save his planet by creating a new world.

Here is a burb from GS:
    In Katamari Damashii, you start out with a small ball with nubs all over it. You control a small, hammerheaded fellow, who in turn rolls the ball around the world. When you roll the ball over small objects, they stick to the ball, which in turn makes the ball slightly bigger. The bigger the ball gets, the bigger the item you can stick to your increasingly large mass of junk. But as it gets bigger, your ball becomes harder to control. Smashing into walls or attempting to take on objects that are too large for your ball will knock some of the mass off of your ball. The eventual goal is to reach a preset ball size--in the case of the TGS demo, that size is 1.5 meters--within a specific amount of time.
    Gamespot impressions
    IGN impressions and Videos(Insider)

2. Billy hatcher anyone?

3. And another link to the months old TFP thread: http://boards.gamers.com/messages/me...cadet&id=zzeqr

Enjoy!

Pa

4. Thanks Pa!

5. Sounds like it could be pretty fun, thanks for the info.

6. Those close-up screenshots answered my big question of how detailed the graphics could be with as busy as it sounds like the game can get. All those objects in the ball and around the level to pick up couldn't be that highly detailed.

I want this game, too bad I'm guessing the odds of seeing it here are slightly over 1 in 1,000,000. Maybe it's time to break down and get my PS2 modded at last...

James

7. Rumor has it Namco wasn't planning on it be all that successful even in Japan, but after the reaction at the TGS, now it seems they might have bigger plans.

8. I just got this game. It's actually pretty cool.

Definitely worth a mod if it doesn't make it Stateside.

9. does it seem like a long game?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tonic the Drunkhog
    does it seem like a long game?
    There's a review on gamefaqs (I know, I know, but this guy is sensible and has written good reviews before) that says the game is four hours long and has little incentive to replay it, but those four hours are incredibly fun.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2