Thread: Monthly Challenge: November Free For All

1. Monthly Challenge: November Free For All

Draw something, draw anything.

Only rule - if you start, you're doing 7 works. Each can be themed after a day of the week. It doesn't have to be complete works - sketches and doodles are fine. Just try to reflect what each day feels like for you.

Have fun with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. Yes! these shall be the guidelines for My November Sketch attack! I will attach each image here and in my thread.

I had wanted something shorter than last month. I wanted to focus on details instead of raw sketching, while neglecting neither.

I am going to focus on backgrounds this month.
    Only you can stop sig pollution.

3. Does it have to be pen on paper, or can we use art programs as well?

4. Whatever you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. Here is Sunday, Perfect because I drew it in Church after a PSO marathon on Saturday, followed by one when I got home, (almost missed the simpsons...)

This is Azurenos, It may mean something, but I only threw elegant post-fixex on the end of color names until I got a pinkal ID.

His basic design is red and black for clothing, I decided that dark skin really set off the silver hair, kind of like a man version of Storm from the X-men. Very fitting considering my favorite spells.

Besides, I figure there are more than enough whiteys on the servers as it is, though it's been a while since I played online. But I plan to be creative, since he is from another planet, he is not strictly African. I stretched him to be rather waifish and ethereal, gave him marble eyes with green highlights. Kind of a guy that looks less like he is walking, and more like he is rolling on wheels. Really elegant and sinewy as a character.

This picture represents him at level 10, though most start at 1, it made little sense to send a one to investigate a hostile planet.

Here, under the light of a full moon and a nearby door switch. Azurenos considers his first triumph on this strange new world. Without much confidence, he wears his meager frame armor, little more than it's name, it barely seems more prominent than the robe it is affixed too. The robes themselves are his thickest, offering as much of a shield at they can, and he wears them quite loosely.

He clings to his wand for support as he ponders the mysteries of his hostile mission field. Relying less on spells and his limited power, he carries an autogun to keep his enemies at a distance. Modified into the side of the gun is a thick hilt to offer last minute deflection if needed, or even a quick butt to more persistent enemies. Evidence of the battle, steam rises from the scorched earth.

Shivering in the cold, he braces himself against what lies on the other side of the door.

ummm..... I really get into this sort of thing.

PS. People usually ask me for an online game when they find out I have PSO. But I will save them time... As of now, I have the game, but no broadband adapter (gamecube)... nor broadband *hangs head in shame*

I am working on it though.... it is just a matter of time, and money...

Mostly money.

Ps.

I forgot all about the medium and coloring.

I was experimenting is pen alternatives. I drew the construction in 6h pencil with a really light touch, then created incredibly dark outlines with an ebony pencil. It was even better, to me, than marker, at least for quck doodles.

The flat coloring is pretty basic. I wished only to lay out base colors for when I do a larger version of this.

6. Monday.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jx2
    Monday.
    That be Monday, all right!

But you forgot the armed guard, they WANT you to get in somehow.