Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturn versions of Virtual On (Netlink, etc.)

1. Saturn versions of Virtual On (Netlink, etc.)

Any differences between the Netlink and regular version of Virtual On for SS other than a netlink mode?

Any differences between the import and domestic version?

2. I'm almost positive there are no differences between either the import/domestic or normal/netplay.

Aside from much better box art, of course.

3. The Netlink version contains a color editor not found in the normal retail version. Unfortunately, you can only use your custom colors while playing against someone over the netlink. I am unsure of any differences with the import.

4. I'm still unsure, but doesn't the import VOOM still have the alternate Fei-Yen music that sounds so close to the Sailor Moon theme that its not even funny?
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

5. NGEFreek: Nah, I don't think so. Somewhere in Quad's server (or was it Tirah's place...) I read that the Fei-Yen's theme was like that in the early arcade versions, and perhaps on the Virtual On OST. I got a thirty-second sample of it, and yes... It's VERY close.

I should pick up the import Netlink version of VOOM sometime, if I ever pick up a Netlink. Are you serious about a color edit in VOOM? You aren't getting it confused with VOOT? Hmm...

6. Tain - I also have the 30 second clip from back when "the Launchpad" was still up (I havent been there in over a year so I dunno if its still there.)

I think he is getting confused with VOOT, I had the import one and I saw no color edit mode, but then again it wasn't the netlink version
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

7. I am not confused because I used to play it over the Netlink all the time. Not to mention, I haven't really played VOOT, let alone online(Which isn't possible in the US I believe). The color edit is not present in the retail Virtual On as it is only for the Netlink play.

8. Undead is right.. I read about the color editor (and the fact that the colors can only be used when playing over Netlink) the other day in a short review...

9. Originally posted by NGEFreek
    I'm still unsure, but doesn't the import VOOM still have the alternate Fei-Yen music that sounds so close to the Sailor Moon theme that its not even funny?
    "She is the one named Fei-Yen-Kun"
    -Kyo

10. StriderKyo:

Well, then, it seems that I have a purchase to make. I never really had a use for Netlink VOOM, as I don't like in an area with an abundance of VO players. Now that I know about the color edit mode, however, I may pick it up.