Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturn versions of Virtual On (Netlink, etc.)

1. Originally posted by Tain
    StriderKyo:

Well, then, it seems that I have a purchase to make. I never really had a use for Netlink VOOM, as I don't like in an area with an abundance of VO players. Now that I know about the color edit mode, however, I may pick it up.
    Not to mention the bitchin Red variant cover ^_^
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

2. Originally posted by Tain

I should pick up the import Netlink version of VOOM sometime, if I ever pick up a Netlink. Are you serious about a color edit in VOOM? You aren't getting it confused with VOOT? Hmm...

It would'nt do you any good to pick up a Netlink. There are'nt any servers to support those Netlink games online.

3. gamevet,
    That is the beauty of Netlink games, no servers involved. Play over the Netlink is accomplished via Direct dial. I always wished Dc games had this option so that you could at least get some online play out of your games in a few years. The only down sides with direct dial is that it isn't as easy to find opponents and you have to pay telephone charges.

Tain,
    Just so you know, the color edit mode is useless unless you plan to play against someone. You can only see your custom colors when playing over the netlink.

4. Originally posted by UndeadKing
    gamevet,
    That is the beauty of Netlink games, no servers involved. Play over the Netlink is accomplished via Direct dial. I always wished Dc games had this option so that you could at least get some online play out of your games in a few years. The only down sides with direct dial is that it isn't as easy to find opponents and you have to pay telephone charges.

Tain,
    Just so you know, the color edit mode is useless unless you plan to play against someone. You can only see your custom colors when playing over the netlink.

Considering that Sega only sold about 50,000 of those Netlink units makes it even harder to find someone to play. I have a Netlink, but only used it to browse the web back in the day. How did one find an opponent to play, message boards? The only games I had that were Netlink Compatible, wee Duke Nukem and Bomberman. I sold DN years ago. I just looked through the guide for Bomberman, and sure enough, you can dial and play someone. They also had the option of WebBullet, as a server.