Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty

1. Raspberry Call of Duty

Holy shit, this game is so damned good. Anyone playing it/interested in it? For those who don't know, the game is a WW2 FPS (yeah, I know it's a tired subject, and I agree, but CoD just kicks too much ass to deny) by Infinity Ward, who is comprised of many key members from Medal of Honor: Underground and Allied Assault. The single player itself is fantastic. It's very short (I finished it in a single day of marathon gaming), but it has so many moments that are just astonishing, primary of which are by far the Stalingrad and Red Square levels which are just unbeleivable, they have easily the most in-game characters on screen in any FPS ever (and in case you flunked history class, that also means that one of the points of view you get to play as is the Russians, which is something quite different for WW2 FPSes).

On top of that, though, the game's multiplayer is probably the best I've played since Counter-Strike, quite possibly even better. The maps are all really fantastic, and the control is just perfect. The game runs flawlessly as well, I get a constant 60FPS and zero lag at all times up to like 40 players, and surprisingly minimal even with 64 players. And on that note, 64 players is pretty damned insane (Stalingrad and Red Square have much more than this, but I don't want to spoil anything):
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

My brother is getting it for his bday next week, so I'm just gunna take it and install a no cd patch.

3. Actually you're in luck, the game requires no CD to run It does however check the CD key if there's no disc in the drive, but hey. Anyway, given how you like MoH:AA, I'm sure you're going to absolutely love this game, it kicks MoH's ass.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

Yup, my MOHAA clan has moved over to CoD.

Awesome about the cds.

5. Some of my friends are going on and on and on about this.

I love the Quake 3 engine, and I must say, this looks damn impressive.

6. Both betas kick MUCH ass and im as jaded as a fps gamer can get.

I must get this full version!!!

Just looks like another crummy MOH style "game". Game in quotations because every damn thing in the entire game is scripted. So so horrible.

Though I should probably just double click the install file and try out the demo I have on my hard drive to see for myself...

8. I'd love to try it out, but I don't have a good enough PC to run it... I know that Andy would like to have children with this game, though.

9. Quote Originally Posted by piku
    Just looks like another crummy MOH style "game". Game in quotations because every damn thing in the entire game is scripted. So so horrible.

Though I should probably just double click the install file and try out the demo I have on my hard drive to see for myself...
    You really should, it is a very impressive game. And although the events are scripted, you can actually effect this to some extent. Your guys can actually be killed and it can effect how much firepower you have in the next firefight. In MOH you could shoot your guys all day and it wouldn't matter.

10. JonathanGCN, they have computers in Alabama?