Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We need stricter rules

1. We need stricter rules

Now there's even arguing breaking out in the Haul thread, of all places? We need some stricter rules around here, because from what I've seen, the mods just let people get away with all sorts of crap. I go in there to post what I buy, which is the ONLY point to it, and there's 5 or 6 posts of people arguing about something stupid.

The trolling that goes on is supringsly worse than what you see on GameFAQ's, as there can't be one thread about a game where someone just goes into it to say "Man, this game sucks, you guys are stupid for liking it". You always hear how TNL is so much "better" than other boards, but the amount of trolling is off the scale at times. I can't even discuss FFXI in the offical thread without someone who's never played it, or only played it for about 3 hours, to come in and tell us it sucks and we're wrong for liking it.

That stuff is for Fight Club, yet it NEVER seems to stay there. Is there any sort of rules around for trolls, or is it ok for me to just start bashing every game and other people's posts? Is there any sort of action ever taken against this sort of destructive behavior at all?
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. You have "go to hell, bitch" in your signature. Lets not even go into your recent responses to stuff you want to stop.

And you're asking for stricter rules.

My head..Oh my god..Laughing. This board never ceases to amaze me! Theres a "report harassment" link. Use it.
    Play Guitar Hero //

3. Like this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    No, that's just gay shit only you do.

4. Pizzoned!

5. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy
    Like this guy?
    Well, I got fed up with it, and my sig comes from a game, actually.

Hell, if you want to lay the punishment on me for that, go ahead, i'm all for equal distrubtion.

Quote Originally Posted by SA
    Pizzoned!
    Fo shizzle, ma nizzle.

And I'm offended that someone would compare the trolling on TNL to that of GameFAQs; ours is on a different level. We berated a man for not appreciating Shakespeare, for chrissakes!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Fo shizzle, ma nizzle.

And I'm offended that someone would compare the trolling on TNL to that of GameFAQs; ours is on a different level. We berated a man for not appreciating Shakespeare, for chrissakes!
    The only difference is that the troll's here can actually use english right, but other than that, there's no difference.

The only difference on GameFAQs is that the moderators actually HAVE a job, other than just moving threads. Almost every thread I've ever seen here has gotten derailed by trolls, even informative ones like Recap's threads. I'd imagine he dosen't do them anymore since people felt the need to troll him for no reason. But do the moderators ever step in, and say "Hey, stop being an annoying bitch with nothing worthwhile to say?" Nope, so that means I can just go into the Crimson Skies thread and start blasting the game repeatedly.

Just like Noface got trolled in the FFXI thread for saying he can speak a little japanese, and people assumed what he meant.

The community here seems to pride itself on being better than GameFAQ's, but it's really just the same thing, with less members. It's not even a point worth talking about, anymore, so just lock the thread.

;_;
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. Roufuss quit being a bitch.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Damn fucking straight.

Personally, I don't see a problem here. For the most part, TNL is a pretty civil board.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww