Thread: Sony RGB monitor for sale.

1. Sony RGB monitor for sale.

Okay folks, I have to move out of my house by the end of the month (and into a new one) and I have way too many RGB monitors lying around.

So, I am selling my Sony professional monitor PVM-1271Q

Here is a picture for now http://www.medused.com/PagBgn/Produc...38144/Page.htm -- this is the monitor but not mine, I will post more pics tomorrow.

The screen is flawless (no burns) and is very good quality. It's 12-14 inches in size—I have to measure it exactly).

Options out the wazoo, this was a very high end monitor in it's day. Has a fullscreen mode and a mode that shrinks the picture so you can see the whole border.

Now for the good stuff, inputs. This monitor already comes with a custom RGB cable made by Matt himself (with stereo audio out for stereo connection). So all you need to do is add a console RGB cable that connects to it. I will post pictures of this as well.

But basically this allows you to hook the monitor cable to a switch box (I can give you the exact company for a good one for only like 11 bucks) and then just plug in up to 4 console RGB cables to it for easy RGB switching -- this is the method I use on my 25 inch one.

Matt can make you any of the cables you need I'm sure, or if you're saavy enough you can build them yourself.

The monitor also has BNC jacks so all you need to do get a cheap 2 dollar convertor at Radio Shack to plug in composite sources as well.

BTW, the front controls cover is missing, but otherwise in great condition for it's age and has been completely checked and has been tested in both RGB and composite.

That's about it, I am entertaining serious offers. Item will ship at cost via UPS and will be packed very well, don't worry.

So if you need a good small RGB solution, give this a try. PM, post here, or hit me at ssbomberman@yahoo.com

Thanks
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

I can vouch for the quality of Sony RGB monitors.

If you don't buy this, you are a fool.

3. First off, where are you? I want this, but wouldn't be able to buy for another week, possibly two. (big help I know) Let me know what sort of price you are looking for.

4. ...

Okay I'm in State College PA. Price is hard to gauge as I really don't know what to ask. I will not try to gouge you guys at ebay levels. So make me an offer you are comfortable with and we can take it from there.

I didn't get the pics up last night, but will try tonight.

Screen is brilliant. and this is the 3rd Sony monitor I own and yes they are brilliant. Easily on par with the famed Comodore monitors of which I have 2 as well. But this monitor has a lot more options. Complete screen controls for X and Y axis positioning (I already set it for perfect RGB gaming), comb filter, full picture controls, and a sharp looking casing, etc.

Item comes with RGB cable, so please keep that in mind as well.

Shipping wil be at cost, estimated by weight from UPS. If the item is cheaper than expected to ship, the left over will be refunded and sent to buyer.

If you are seriously interested, I can easily wait a week or 2 for funds.

ssb

5. I'm not exactly sure what to offer, but what about $30 + shipping?

6. ...

I'm gonna hold off for now until the move. Once I'm all settled and everything, I'll get some pictures and will be better equipped to offer items for sale (I want to make sure I can meet end of the deal).

ssb

7. Boo hiss.

Just let us know when you are ready to sell it. I could use an inexpensive RGB monitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

9. ...

Just so you guys know, this is not in anyway an inexpensive RGB monitor, it was a 1,000 dollar monitor at one point, when I do sell it, it will probably go in the $75 range, and that's far below what ebay is demanding for it. These are much harder to find than Commodores and have more applications outside of gaming.

I'll look at listing this and possibly some other monitors, hardware in December.

ssb