Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: November Comic Book Thread

1. I'll be heading out to Midtown comics in Manhattan tomorrow. Any time I'm looking for back issues of the last two or three months I have to make the trip. They almost always have what I'm looking for.

I'm looking to get into Teen Titans, any idea on this title guys?

Hey, has Mark Millar and J.G. Jones new book Wanted come out yet? I'm intrigued.

I'll be coming home with an insane haul tomorrow. Catch you guys later. Enjoy!

2. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    I'm looking to get into Teen Titans, any idea on this title guys?
    Teen Titans is really good but it sells out fast making you want to buy it on release. If midtown has all the issues then buy them all. If not, wait for a trade. The only other thing is it uses a good bit of continuity of the older issues of Teen Titans, which I don't know much of myself, but it doesn't require you to know too much of it.

Hey, has Mark Millar and J.G. Jones new book Wanted come out yet? I'm intrigued.
    Nah, haven't seen it yet.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Will

Is this issue a good jumping on point? I missed quite a few of the last arc's issues so I'm probably going to aim for a trade of that whenever thats out. For some reason this title is getting sold out faster than usual in my shop(possibly because of Greg Rucka).
    Yes, it's a good starting point, since it makes almost no references to the previous arc. It's like picking up Rucka's Wolverine #1 all over again. You should look for Wolverine #6 though, featuring Nightcrawler. It concludes the arc and sets the tone for what the rest of the series (at least during Rucka's run) will focus on.

I think Rucka is almost certainly the reason the book is seeing better sales.

At first I thought it looked a bit lame but I think it gives the costume its uniqueness. A little armor/chainmail can't hurt heh.
    Yeah, I like the 'stume, I just hated the placement of those large armor plates. Looking at it again, I'm not even sure it's armor plating... now it just looks like a woven pattern, which would really make the suit look fruity. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it's armor. He's gotta know that in his line of work, he's eventually going to be shot at.

BTW bloody, where do you buy your comics since you live in NY as well?
    I buy my books primarily at Cosmic Comics on 23rd Street, just off Broadway (Flatiron district), but I'm also a member of Midtown Comics. I haven't been to Midtown in about 2 years since my job moved to its current location. I really need to visit them again, as their back-issue stock is excellent. And I hear there's a whole floor devoted entirely to TOYS and VIDEOS!! On rare occasions, I go to Forbidden Planet on (I think) 12th Street, past Union Square. I don't like the store much, but they sell toys and video games, so sometimes I kill two (or three) birds with one stone.

Bebop: Teen Titans is a great book if you're familiar with the Wolfman/Perez Titans of the '80s. The book is really deep-rooted to that era of Titans, while using the new players. Some of the original members (Starfire, Cyborg, Changeling) have made frequent appearances and they're going up against old Titans villains Deathstroke the Terminator and Brother Blood. The running storyline is excellent, mostly because of it's connection to the old team and the return of one of the more interesting members. I'm waiting for a Trigon arc.

Honestly, I think the book needs a few more issues to find it's calling. The characters' personalities aren't fleshed out that well to me (save Impulse/Kid Flash). I don't think the book is as strong as The Outsiders, but it's definitely a good team book. And like Will said, it sells out fast (actually Cosmic Comics still has the first ish), so you may want to impulse-buy (no pun intended!) that book.

4. Back from Cosmic Comics:

GAH!!

From 3 books last week to 10!! Haven't read any yet, but here's my pull;

Conan #0
    Gun Theory #II
    NYX #2
    Ultimate 6 #4
    Avengers #73
    JSA #54
    Teen Titans #5 - Raven's on the cover, so maybe I'll get that Trigon arc sooner than I thought..
    Teen Titans #1 (reprint w/Michael Turner cover)
    Gotham Central #13
    Batgirl: Year One Trade

Stan Winston's (of Terminator & Aliens fame) comic, [something, something], Monster Hunter looks decent. Also, it has a preview of Mark Millar's WANTED, which looks interesting.

5. Hey, I picked up Conan#0. I love the art, and do I really need to say anything about Busiek?

6. Well, I won't be eating lunch for the next two days...

My haul:
    Captain America 17, 18, 19, 20
    NYX #2
    Ultimate Six #4
    Ultimate X-Men #40
    Teen Titans #1 (reprint), 2, 4, 5--can anyone get me issue three? I'd be forever in minor debt to you.
    JSA All-Stars #5, 6, 7
    Punisher
    Hawkeye #1

Discussions will follow in the coming days.

7. Guys, if I may ask, I own Ultimate Spiderman 1-25, with all the variants of each cover, how much do you guys think this set would go for?

8. Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts
    Back from Cosmic Comics:

Teen Titans #1 (reprint w/Michael Turner cover)
    How many do they have left? Like if I went to go tomorrow would I still be able to nab a copy of #1? Its like super hard to find here in SI, moreso with the McKone cover.

BTW I nabbed today(including some from last week)

JLA #89
    X-Treme X-Men #34
    Ultimate X-Men #39
    Ultimate Spiderman #49
    Hulk Gray #2
    Incredible Hulk #63
    Fantastic Four #77 or 506
    Avengers #73
    Iron Man #74
    Captain America #20
    Conan #0
    NYX #2
    Spectacular Spiderman #6
    Teen Titans #5(Kid Flash cover)
    Transformers Armada #17
    Transformers The War Within #2
    Ultimate 6 #4
    Wolverine #7
    Wolverine Snikt #5
    New Mutants #7
    1602 #4

And with those I will not buy any more comics ever again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    Guys, if I may ask, I own Ultimate Spiderman 1-25, with all the variants of each cover, how much do you guys think this set would go for?
    Hmm dunno, check the Wizard for this month(Ultimate Spiderman, Wolverine, The Thing/JLA by Alex Ross/Wolverine coming out the grave via claws) covers.

Or if you want I'll post what they cost and all just give me a bit of time. Just coming from me those issues should be going for a nice price and will increase when the Spiderman 2 movie comes out due to the movie's popularity. Same happens with Hulk, X-Men and Daredevil comics when their movies come out.

9. Dude, with those Spider-Man variants, have them graded by CGC. The Variants go for a shit-load of money.

Will, Jim Hanley's had tons of the reprinted Michael Turner cover. If you would have posted this earlier I would have been happy to nab you one. The cover is in black and white though.

Nice haul, by the way.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    Dude, with those Spider-Man variants, have them graded by CGC. The Variants go for a shit-load of money.

Will, Jim Hanley's had tons of the reprinted Michael Turner cover. If you would have posted this earlier I would have been happy to nab you one. The cover is in black and white though.

Nice haul, by the way.
    Heh thanks

Where's the Jim Hanley located at? I just want to know if they have enough copies for me to nab one. I don't mind which cover as long as I have the issue since I want to see what happened and for the sake of being a completist.

As for issue 3, its pretty tough to find but I'll see if I can get it for you.