Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: November Comic Book Thread

1. Will, dude, thanks a million. Send me a PM and let me know how I can get the money to you. Or perhaps I'll find out when one of the comic shows in Manhattan are due. It's been a while since I've been to one.

I think I will pick up the Mckone cover. I found a 9.8 for 40.00. Perhaps I'll invest. I only gave two other comics done by cgc.

Read:
    Hawkeye #1--Um, no, I'll be passing on this. The art wasn't bad, rather it was quite good. I just didn't dig the dialogue or pacing of the story.

Didn't any of you pick up the Planetary TPBs?

Any of you guys read that hard cover graphic novel by Warren Ellis, Orbit-something? It looked cool, but I just didn't have an extra 25.00.

Maybe I will pick up Mckone's cover instead. I found one selling for 40.00 graded at 9.8.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Will
    X-Treme X-Men #34-Another pretty good issue of the Intifada arc.

I'm not that familiar with the Magma character but she seemed pretty cool.
    magma is one of the original new mutants. she has limited earth control powers, and can summon volcanic ash and fire from the ground. when she uses her powers, her body is surrounded by heat and light. originally, she thought she was from nova roma, but it turns out that the whole city was inhabited by people that selene kidnapped so they would worship her. when she got tired of them, she left. when the hellions were killed, she went back to nova roma with empath, who knew the whole thing was a sham, but used his powers to keep everyone believing their lives were real, including making magma love him. Firestar, cannonball and warpath(or thunderbird 2) intervened and the truth was revealed. that is where the tension between her and empath came from.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

3. Only picked up 3 issues this week:

Teen Titans #5 - cool issue, but I still dont understand why Jericho left Superboy's body. I'm sure he couldve owned the Titans if he would have just stayed in it.

Ultimate X-Men #39 - good wrap up to the Blockbuster series,still curious as to who this assassin lady was and wonder if Logan really knows. (for some reason I thought she was the Ultimate version of Birdie <shrugs>)Nightcrawler is also sportin a new kick ass lookin costume (this is the first time hes worn it right?)--- and who the hell was that Jean was talking to in the room ???

Ultimate Six # 4 - Holy shit , Osborn seriously backed Nick Fury into a corner in this issue, from having the president on his back, and taking Kraven's media company to possibly leak out to the world the fact that they were all held without trial, to haxZor 'ing Shield HQ , with Magneto and the Hulk (Ultimate six nothing - those two joining up will make seven - I doubt they'll join up with Ozzie and his group though)ready to bust out and wreak havoc -- the next two issues are going to be fucking insane

4. Quote Originally Posted by Lordmrw
    magma is one of the original new mutants. she has limited earth control powers, and can summon volcanic ash and fire from the ground. when she uses her powers, her body is surrounded by heat and light. originally, she thought she was from nova roma, but it turns out that the whole city was inhabited by people that selene kidnapped so they would worship her. when she got tired of them, she left. when the hellions were killed, she went back to nova roma with empath, who knew the whole thing was a sham, but used his powers to keep everyone believing their lives were real, including making magma love him. Firestar, cannonball and warpath(or thunderbird 2) intervened and the truth was revealed. that is where the tension between her and empath came from.
    Thanks for the backround info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    Teen Titans #5 - cool issue, but I still dont understand why Jericho left Superboy's body. I'm sure he couldve owned the Titans if he would have just stayed in it.
    It looks like Jericho unlocked another latent ability Superboy has, I also wondered why he didn't just stay in Superboy but he hopped around in almost all their bodies. Superboy and Wondergirl getting together was nice and Bart using his full array of abilities is impressive. Really good issue, I wonder what Wonder Woman and the JLA want to do with the Teen Titans, I hope its not to give them a lecture on how to do things.
    Ultimate X-Men #39 - good wrap up to the Blockbuster series,still curious as to who this assassin lady was and wonder if Logan really knows. (for some reason I thought she was the Ultimate version of Birdie <shrugs>)Nightcrawler is also sportin a new kick ass lookin costume (this is the first time hes worn it right?)--- and who the hell was that Jean was talking to in the room ???
    Nightcrawler wore it in #38 too. It looks cool but I could have done without the yellow V looking thing of his classic. I was satisfied with the wrap up as well especially seeing a badass looking Dugan coming in and telling them the deal.

I wanted to see more backround info on the girl hunting down Logan and their crew and who they were working for. That'll probably be revealed some day. I think Jean was talking to either Xavier or the Phoenix when she was by herself.
    Ultimate Six # 4 - Holy shit , Osborn seriously backed Nick Fury into a corner in this issue, from having the president on his back, and taking Kraven's media company to possibly leak out to the world the fact that they were all held without trial, to haxZor 'ing Shield HQ , with Magneto and the Hulk (Ultimate six nothing - those two joining up will make seven - I doubt they'll join up with Ozzie and his group though)ready to bust out and wreak havoc -- the next two issues are going to be fucking insane
    Man the President went postal on Nick, I almost felt sorry for him. It definitely seems like the Ultimates will have their hands full and the Ultimate Six are showing me that they can be a very dangerous team especially with 2 masterminds on the team. Looks like they got a new colorist which I think makes the book look better.

I'm not sure if they'll show a Magneto/Hulk showdown but you never know. Brian Bendis better write an awesome showdown after all this plotting.

5. after a two year exile from comics (brought on by ex-wife destroying a 3000 book collection), I've just started getting into them again.
    Can anyone recommend a "TNL" style comic focused forum?
    I refuse to buy new books, just too expensive, but I've managed to get a lot of runs off of eBay cheap.
    Mostly trying to regain the stuff I used to have.
    Some have aged well, some haven't. ( I used to think the first volume of Wildcats was the shit, I just got 1-22, and it is...shit. At least the Moore run is decent.

6. Wildcats 3.0 is one of the most underratted comics on the shelf right now. Go, buy, and enjoy.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerks
    after a two year exile from comics (brought on by ex-wife destroying a 3000 book collection), I've just started getting into them again.
    Can anyone recommend a "TNL" style comic focused forum?
    This is a damn good forum http://forums.comicbookresources.com/

8. Fantastic Four $506- Yay! Mark Waid is officially staying with the book for a good long while. WooHoo!

Love Fights #5- Gotta love a good black and white indie almost-superhero title. Andi Watson always does good stuff.

1602 #4- Eh. I'll keep reading, but... eh.

Fables #19- New storyline, and though it's not off to an action-packed start or anything there's plenty of stuff to look forward to seeing. Definitely an issue laying plenty of groundwork for the future.

James

9. Going through that site, I found this. Looks cool:

http://www.howardshum.com/gunfu.html

10. So why do I look at that and think someone's a big fan of Penny Arcade?

James