Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech Romancer, Do people even like this game?

1. Tech Romancer is fun. I own it and enjoy breaking it out from time to time. I have to say, though, I was mildly disappointed in the execution when I first played the game. It reminded me of a PSX game. Running at 30 fps, low poly count, and slow moving bots, the whole package seemed a little slipshod. However, I convinced myself that bots are SUPPOSED to be slow moving (), but was still expecting something along the lines of a Project Justice w/mechs. The game has grown on me, though. The use of color is superb.

2. Project justice w/ mechs eh? I might ahve to check it out ^^

3. As an affectionate lover of all fighting games Capcom makes, I must admit that TR disappoints me somewhat.
    The control and pacing of the game are a bit too chunky for me. A little refinement in the controls would be nice- it plays like some of SNK's 3-D attempts.
    Also, it would have been nice if Capcom had decided to overhaul the graphics. The mech designs of TR are really good (someone told me they were done by Shoji Kawamori) and they really deserved to be run up to DC spec.
    That said, I must say that the art design of TR is some of the best Capcom has ever done. The intro is one of the best there has been in a fighting game in recent memory. The retro look of the entire game is also cool. It looks like Getter-Robo which in turn looks like those old-school Japanese mechs circa the 1970's.
    In the end, TR is a worthy purchase worth up to $35.

4. Holy...I was just thinkin about this game all of a sudden yesterday, and here I see a thread on it. I love irony

TR's a pretty decent game, didn't spend much time with it though. The last boss was a pain.

5. Good stuff, sure...

Great story system setup.. Very different.

VMU MINIGAMES!