Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Real" Pics of the Phantom

1. THERE'S MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM

MY ANUS, THAT IS

2. Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    Someone had too much time on their hands and built a case looking like the phantom..did some mods to it, too a stencil that they made of the phantom logo, and sprayed it onto the keyboard and mouse.

I wonder what game they are playing.

Its probably from a current gen system. just gutted and put into the fake phantom box.
    I doubt anyone did that. The "Phantom" is really simple exercise in 3D modelling...They just had to render a few and 'shop it in.

3. there is no doubt they are models...well all but maybe the shot of the input/output jacks is probably from a hd cable box or something.

4. If this has been "photoshopped", the person who did this is pretty good. I think it's unedited.

However, I guess the reflection of the phantom wouldn't be that hard to do. The only thing that looks slightly off is the lighting, from the shadow of the keyboard, the guy's hand and the cabling, it looks as if the only light is natural light coming from the window you see in the back left corner of the pic (see there is no "doubled" shadows). But from the Phantom's casing, it looks as if unnatural light is directly above the phantom, since you can see it on both sides of the convex bit at the front of it.

But in the pic with the kid, the lighting looks fine, since you see the reflected light on the screen, is directly above the reflected streak on the top of the phantom.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

5. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue

But in the pic with the kid, the lighting looks fine, since you see the reflected light on the screen, is directly above the reflected streak on the top of the phantom.

Yeah, but if you look at the pic close enough, you'll notice that everything is smooth, with exception to the Phantom unit. It has jaggies.

6. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    Yeah, but if you look at the pic close enough, you'll notice that everything is smooth, with exception to the Phantom unit. It has jaggies.
    But notice there's also a reflection of the front of the Phantom in the bottom bit of the tv screen. That'd be hard to do since you'd have to map the shape of the screen, since it ain't a flatscreen. Although, the Phantom doesn't look like it's hanging out of the entertainment unit enough to leave a reflection in the screen.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

7. I see some blurred spots..and if you look at the pictures..the back of it is curved. this picture doesnt look like it.

I see some blurred spots..and if you look at the pictures..the back of it is curved. this picture doesnt look like it.

hmm..

8. you guys do realize that current prototypes of the phantom are just made of off-the shelf computer hardware, right?

it'd be easier for someone to slap together a computer with a custom case than it would to create a mind-bending photoshop job that you guys overanalyze for hours..

seriously, the pics are real... but who cares?

9. There are some blurry spots and the back of the phantom isnt even curved..

10. I agree with JohnK...the faults found in the picture happen in real pictures too. Probably just a custom case.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453