Thread: The Adventures of Batman and Robin (Sega CD) - The Lost Batman Episode

1. The Adventures of Batman and Robin (Sega CD) - The Lost Batman Episode

Back during the (short) hey-day of the Sega CD, a Batman game titled "The Adventures of Batman and Robin" after the FoxKids show was released.

It contained about 16 minutes of new animation arranged in a semi-cohesive story used as cutscenes. TMS did the animation, and the original voice actors were used. All in all, very high budget for a video game. The limitations of the Genesis and its 256 color pallete didn't do much to help the quality of the presentation, but it's still watchable.
    This material is quite rare, as not many people owned (or kept) this gem, and many circles of BTAS fans have referred to this as a "lost episode".
    Thanks to the hard capturing work of maxnugget, ToonZone and TDA are proud to present the cutscenes from "The Adventures of Batman and Robin" for your enjoyment.
    http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/featur...man/index.html

I already own the game, but I'm sure there are others out there that would appreciate this.

Yeah, me too... I always wanted something like this. Fucking keen.

I like the way that the Sega CD game went out of it's way make playable the crappiest and most mundane parts of any Batman story: the drive to the crime scene.

Once you get there, tons of cool video-game-like action takes place, but you can't control it. No, you just watch until the villain gets away in some manner of signature vehicle and it's BACK IN THE FUCKING CAR FOR YOU!!!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. That is awesome, thanks for the link, Regus.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. The limitations of the Genesis and its 256 color pallete...
    The Genesis has a 512 color pallete, displaying up to 64 colors at once under normal conditions.

5. Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC
    The Genesis has a 512 color pallete, displaying up to 64 colors at once under normal conditions.

I heard that during cloudy conditions, the Genesis may display fewer colors.

6. Those were awesome, thanks a lot!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Yeah, me too... I always wanted something like this. Fucking keen.

I like the way that the Sega CD game went out of it's way make playable the crappiest and most mundane parts of any Batman story: the drive to the crime scene.

Once you get there, tons of cool video-game-like action takes place, but you can't control it. No, you just watch until the villain gets away in some manner of signature vehicle and it's BACK IN THE FUCKING CAR FOR YOU!!!
    wrong batman game (not the one regus is referring to). but i agree, batman ?returns? was a very unfun game.

8. those darn driving levels. When I had a hard time, I'd just pause, and think "Bad Bad Luc".