Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Games that inspire? (NiGHTS, etc.) and an introduction...

1. I really dug Actraiser. something about playing God...

2. Ocarina of Time: this was the first game that made me think "wow, 3D gaming has tons of potential". The z-targeting was and still is the most brilliant invention in the 3d era. its so simple, yet it eliminates the main problem of playing in the third demension. It was more than a game, it was an incredibly fresh, yet familiar experience.

Ninja Gaiden: why am I killing these bad guys? why do i want to keep playing? those questions were answered in the well-made cutscenes. this game felt more like an action movie than anything else at the time.

the longest journey- what do you get when you cross interactivity with a plot that is better than those found in 99% of films and books? more than a game, a piece of modern art

radiant silvergun- it took my favorite genre to "the next level"(pun intended). similar to ninja gaiden, it gave you a reason to do the impossible by surviving through millions of bullets.

in short, the games that inspire me are the ones that combine all the great elements from other forms of art. whether it be the story telling and character development of films and books, or the visual splendor of fine art, or the aural sensations of music. add in a dash of interactivity, and you've got videogames-the ultimate form of entertainment.