Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Unlimited

1. Final Fantasy Unlimited

Holy crap! bad English voice acting + A Summon Gun (coolest gun ever!) + an excellently crafted world + a slow to start story = Final Fantasy Unlimited.

I'm loving it so far. Holy crap, when Kaze summoned his first monster with a gun. A GUN! That's just freaking cool.

The episodes move along rather nicely, even if the plot progresses minimaly, and the music is beautiful. Surely the soundtrack is one of the best, if not the best ST I've ever heard in an anime. Ever. It's that good.

I highly recomend checking it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

2. Kaze is cool no doubt, the kids are annoying though and it is definately a slow start the first DVD... It's nothing great so far but I like it, I just hope it picks up some more

No werewolf yet, they meet her on the train/subway in one of the episodes though... hopefully the next volume

3. That's a hot av, dude. I told you you'd like Heat Guy J.
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    That's a hot av, dude. I told you you'd like Heat Guy J.
    Thanks

But I still think they should call it "Werewolf Boma" and give him more time... ... ok it doesn't quite have the same ring as "Heat Guy J" title though

5. Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf
    Thanks

But I still think they should call it "Werewolf Boma" and give him more time... ... ok it doesn't quite have the same ring as "Heat Guy J" title though

Werewolves in Fullmetal Alchemist ??
    http://www.tokidokijournal.com/anime...etalalchemist/

6. Thanks kabuki, I don't think that's a werewolf though... looks like half crocodile or lizard of some sort ... but that's not saying there might not be some in there, that would be cool

But thanks for the heads up anyway, I always appreciate help finding animes with werewolves

Makenshi in Final Fantasy Unlimited is a pretty cool character too, it should be interesting to see how they work the story about him and Kaze

7. I bet you anything they end up "setting aside their differences" to destroy the Earl and finally, Chaos.

Call me clairvoyant.

Sometimes these plot strings are way to predictable.

8. Most likely that will be the case, I'm more interested in both of their backstories to be honest and how they fit into the begining sequence

And of course there is a Cid, what would Final Fantasy be without a Cid He looks like he might be a good character, definately the youngest Cid ever but at least he goes back to Cid mechanic roots

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    Surely the soundtrack is one of the best, if not the best ST I've ever heard in an anime. Ever. It's that good.
    Hmmm. I haven't seen this show. I'm curious about it, but doubt I'll buy it. But this 'best ST I've ever heard' thing... that's a BIG statement! Can you link me to a sample or something?

10. No I can't, unfortunately. And to qualify my previous statement, I haven't seen a whole lot of anime, so I haven't heard a lot of anime STs.

It's really standard Final Fantasy fare. Whimsical, triumphant, well orchestrated, and it evokes a certain sence of curiosity. I just happen to like it a lot.

I agree, Werewolf. Kaze and Makenshi's back stories are of particular interest to me.

I'm willing to bet that if Makenshi is responcible for the Leviathan-esque Silver Etude, that Kaze is responcible for the other creature who I've already begun to call Bahamut.

Not to mention the tell-tale signs give to us: Silver Etude's nose is Makenshi's sword, while "Bahamut's" nose is the Magun.