Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Magic Box Converter

1. Xbox Magic Box Converter

Ok, I have a few questions about using my PS2 controller on my XBox with this. I am buying a couple of games that I am used to using the PS2 controller for (SSX3 and THUG). Will the Magic Box accurately emulate the control scheme of the PS2 versions?

I would just get the PS2 version but mine has been acting up so much lately that it isnt worth the trouble.

Ah...come on...one of you have to have some valuable information for me.
    your mom

2. Everything is the same, except the L and R buttons for Xbox is now L2 and R2. White and black buttons are now L1 and R1. I'll tell you though, I've had problems with mine. There's been times when the game will pause, then scroll through the menu really fast. I'll turn the analog on and off, or just unplug the controller and plug it back in, and that fixes it. Hasn't happened with every game I've played, but it's happened with a few of them. Still, I always use the PS2 pad when playing Xbox games, it's that much better to me.
    pwned by Ivan

3. I've heard that SSX3's controls can't be emulated on the xbox like they are on the PS2. Just a heads up since that's one of the games you're planning on using it for.

4. from what i understand, in ssx3 xbox,the black and white buttons do *not = L1 and R1 on the ps2, so the magicbox won't help.

5. Go to IGN's head to head feature on SSX3 to see the layout of all three controllers.
    pwned by Ivan

6. Its an insider feature, which I am not.

Either way, I ordered SSX3 for the xbox, cause I want to play it.
    your mom

7. an excellent choice. ssx3 rox^67532.

I got a Magic Box a couple of weeks ago, excellent excellent product, I might say. I haven't played the games the others have listed though, but I've had no issues with it, with the exceptions of L and R being L2 and R2. It still recognizes them as analog too, and I didn't even know that the shoulder buttons on the PS2 pad WERE analog.

One thing though, if you are only looking for a ps2 adapter and you don't care for the DC and Saturn connection, there are much cheaper adapters you could get.

Also, the Magic box does not work with digital joysticks, in case anyone is wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

9. Neh, I want to use my DC stick for Soul Calibur also.
    your mom

10. Basically, the difference in the Xbox and PS2 version is that every shoulder button on the PS2 version is used for a different grab. Since the Xbox has only two shoulder pads, two of the grabs are on the Y and B buttons. Handplant is on the white button, and that could be a pain but if you're using a PS2 pad converter, then it's on a shoulder button and easy to reach.
    pwned by Ivan