Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Grand Theft Auto' Makers Fight Lawsuit

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    As we all know, crimes like this never existed before the GTA series.
    I've never heard of a case like this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Victor
    i must have missed the mission where i shot at tractor-trailer rigs...
    Yes because you can only do what the missions tell you to do in Grand Theft Auto. There are no optional quests and there is nothing you can do outside of the rigid mission structure.

2. .

3. Do I think that is where the kids got the idea from... probably, but do I think that just because some people are impressionable morons that try to imitate everything they see and read that the companies that release this stuff is liable for their actions… hell no!

Along with a age requirement the E.S.R.B. should also have a IQ requirement… you know “you must be this smart to play this game, gamers of insufficient common sense are restricted from playing this game by law”

4. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    Is that the 50 Cent mission or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

5. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Some woman in Conneticut tried this when her son was killed by someone imitating Mortal Kombat a few years back. She lost.

In fact, it didn't even get to the defense's turn; once the plaintiffs rested their case, the judge threw the case out, citing that they hadn't given sufficient evidence to prove the game wasn't protected by the First Amendment's free speech protections.

I expect this case will end up the same way.
    For a dark man shall come unto the House of God, and the darkness shall be upon him, yea, even within him.

-- From Noctropolis: Night Visions

http://www.darquecathedral.org/images/drkcathedral.jpe http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/mko.jpe

6. Quote Originally Posted by K3V
    Is that the 50 Cent mission or something?
    correct.

7. I like to stomp on things. I'll see you in court, Nintendo!

8. Quote Originally Posted by dhowerter
    "The boys told investigators they got the rifles from a locked room in their home and decided to randomly shoot at tractor-trailer rigs, just like in the video game "Grand Theft Auto III."

Ok, thats at least ONE case of really violent videogames causing violence. Hope they kick TAke 2's butt :-)
    Are you kidding? This is so much bull. Anybody who has ever played GTA3 knows that you can't use a rifle while driving a car to do drivebys.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. I hope that Take - Two turns around and sues the parents who bought this game for the kids or the Wal-Mart (I am assuming it is Wal-Mart as they were named in the case) for buying/selling a M rated game to a minor. The reason? For wasting their time and lawyer fee's.

Yea, lets all make a big deal about it (I am making fun of myself and all the people who think that videogames mess kids up to this extent) and get video games banned.

Nice Comic Chibi

10. There are no .22's in grand theft auto. CASE CLOSED