Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XI - Official

1. Final Fantasy XI - Official

Edit: Changed this to Official since this is apparently the only thread talking about FFXI.

October 28th FFXI hits for the PC, and next spring it hits for the PS2. How many of you are planning on picking this up for the PC at the end of the month? And are there any of you with decent PCs that are going to wait for the PS2 version instead?

Me personally, I'll probably start playing this once the semester is over in December. These damn MMORPGs keep sucking me in and none have ended up pleasing me for more than 2 months tops... I'm not expecting too much from FFXI, but I have a few friends who had the beta and they swear by it, so I'm interested enough to give it a shot. How do you guys feel on the matter?

Here's some typical press release info...

(Monthly price is quite high... but as a former Star Wars Galaxies player (sucker), it's not too bad)

2. Everquest + chocobos = no me.

3. Hmm, It still looks interesting, but since I dont have PS2 internet adapter, nor I will have money to buy FFXI, I will just wait and see.

4. If it doesn't play like Everquest = I'll be there...

If it plays like Everquest = Square Enix headquaters won't be anywhere ever again...

If I play it'll be the PC version...

5. I'll be there on PC.
    Encounterd an Assailant.
    KOTETSU
    Be Attitude For Gains....

1: Hardiness
    2: Sleight of Hand
    3: Friend Ship

6. i really couldn't get into the beta...way too much like the ps2 EQ...maybe it's just me though...i've tried EQ (PC and ps2), Anarcy Online, SW: Galaxies and DAoC...DAoC is the only one I have ever really gotten into...
    ...i do think this game does have much to offer to those interested in MMORPG's though...

7. March 2004, I thought they said early January... that sucks

Well I'll have the PC version, but unfortunately I won't be able to play much since I don't have a PC that can run it... I'm gonna have to bother my brother to use his

Final Fantasy XI plays a lot like Everquest, not exact but very close... all these MMORPGs play the same, or at least all the ones I've tried

8. Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf
    Final Fantasy XI play a lot like Everquest, not exact but very close... all these MMORPGs play the same, or at least all the ones I've tried
    not galaxies

9. meh....this one just doesn't apeal to me at all.

10. I'll definitely be on to try it out. It'll have to be the PS2 version because my PC is too weak (i845 integrated graphics). At least I already have a Network Adaptor and extra USB Keyboard.