Thread: Any site out there have reviews of Legacy of Kain: Defiance for PS2 & X-Box up yet?

1. Any site out there have reviews of Legacy of Kain: Defiance for PS2 & X-Box up yet?

Not many people online right now, but I guess I'll try anyways and hopefully I'll get an answer before going off to class tomorrow

Does anyone know if there's a site out there that has reviews up of the LoK: Defiance for PS2 and X-Box yet? I'm picking up my pre-order later on today and I'd like to know which would be the better version to pick up.

If I don't get an answer before I bum off to Gamestop I'll just assume the X-Box rev will be superior, given the system's superior graphic output, built-in hard drive, and typically faster load times, it usually has the best console version of a game that hits multiple platforms, but stranger things have happened. PS2 ended up getting better versions of games like Spyhunter and MGS2: Substance so you never really know, but I'm operating under the assumption Defiance will be best on da Box since it got the best version of Blood Omen 2.

But if anyone could help me with the dilemma, even with your own input, it'd be much-appreciated. Looking forward to discussing with it everyone tomorrow, and hopefully I don't end up plowing through it in two days like I did with Soul Reaver 2 a couple of years ago
    omg TNL epics!

2. Try Gamerankings.com
    pwned by Ivan

3. I think your choice of the Xbox version will be the correct one. Graphically at least it looks better than the PS2 one.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Green
    Try Gamerankings.com
    Only has listings of previews and features for other sites, no reviews yet

Well, the readers are definitely scoring the X-Box version higher, though, so I'll most likely end up going with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    I think your choice of the Xbox version will be the correct one. Graphically at least it looks better than the PS2 one.
    Yeah, I'm thinking so too
    omg TNL epics!

5. IGN rated the game but nothing really was said about each version... oh well. I'm getting the xbox version myself.

D

6. Presentation 8.0

Great story-telling is matched with good gameplay and easy to use menus for perusing collected moves and items.

Graphics 9.0

The best textures on the system. Excellent and sophisticated lighting too. Too bad the cameras get in the way, and the aliasing messes things up.

Sound 9.0

The economic, concise language and slight sense of humor goes a long way. Superb voice acting, atmospheric music and lots of wet squishy cat sounds while fighting are fun too!

Gameplay 7.5

A good, all-around action-adventure game, with a great, event-filled story. The deep combat and cool TK system is met with some rough camera and collision detection issues.

Lasting Appeal 6.5

You'll probably on play through this once to get the story, especially since the Dark Chronical tells you the story after you're done. But it's a good 15-20 hour game.

OVERALL: 8.0
    http://ps2.ign.com/articles/440/440124p1.html

7. I think the Gamepro site does. Check it.

8. just a small plug...that IGN quote "This game will own your soul. It already has ours" featured for the Legacy of Kain magazine ad was written by me

Although I am a newcomer to the series, I definitely feel that fans will appreciate this installment the best.

9. GameSpot gave it a 6.9