Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thunder spirits

1. Thunder spirits

Has anyone ever played this SNES game? It was made in 1990 by techonosoft. If you have played it , is it any good ? and is it part of the thunderforce series?

I've never played it, but it is basically Thunder Force 3. I've wanted to get my hands on it ( I love TF ), but I've never seen a copy for sale *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

3. I used to have it. Its a decent version of Thunderforece, but since its been a long time, I don't remember how it compares. I do remember the ending being worth it. Tell you what, when I go to Funcoland this Saturday or Sunday, I'll keep an eye out for a copy.

4. you can buy my copy if you want, just send an email my way. I was JUST playing this game yesterday in fact. It's got levels from Thunder Force 2 and 3 but I've been told this 'port' of the arcade game, which is a port of the Genny Thunder Force 3 is simply not as good as the Genny original. Still, the music is actually pretty good on some stages, and the wavy fire effect in level 2 still looks cool. It's pretty fun to play if you like shooters (I do).

5. I bought this game for collection purposes mainly, the only game I've ever bought for that reason (I'm a big Thunder Force fan). It's an SNES port (by Toshiba Emi, not Technosoft) of the arcade version port of Genesis Thunder Force III, which includes 1.835 new levels and a remixed stage from Thunder Force II. The game has insane slowdown and generally looks and sounds trashy compared to the polished look of TF3. It's a joke, basically.

I've reviewed it at GameFAQs (3/10). Thunder Force III is more along the lines of 9/10. A 6 point hit, if you can imagine. Get the real deals unless you're already a Thunder Force fan, which I take it not.

6. I played it through emulation.....it looks like an ugly thunderforceand I have to keep on hitting the fire button, I cant keep the button held to continously shoot.........Definetely not as good as Thunderforce.Maybe it gets better later on......

7. You can turn autofire on in the options menu (dumb, isn't it?).

8. hey, does Genny TF3 have the same music as Thunder Spirits or did Toshiba change the soundtrack? I kinda dig TS' soundtrack. :P I found myself playing it yet again today just to hear it, hehe. I know, silly me.

9. Yeah, the same music is used for the TF3 stages. The music was actually one of the less beaten aspects of Thunder Spirits. Funny hearing SNES renditions of songs made specifically for the Genesis.

10. oh so they're remixed? Do they sound better or worse in your opinion? Or are they the exact same songs at just a higher quality or something on the SNES?