Thread: Akumika (my webcomic) - part 1 finished

1. Akumika (my webcomic) - part 1 finished

http://www.ammadeau.net/kumiko/

For the interested, I've finally completed the first 19 pages of my webcomic Akumika (along with several gallery images) that completes the first part. Only 37 parts left to go, though hopefully they won't suffer from hard drive crashes and my own temporary loss of interest. ^_^;;

Any comments on the comic or the website for it are welcome. For those who might want more detail, I've also made 'The Illustrated Kumiko' which is the first chapter of the story spliced with some panels from the comic. You can also see the giftart I've gotten for the series, though I could always use more.

I know I still have a lot to learn about this drawing thing, but at least I can see some progress made when I compare my work on page 1 to the page I just completed. I wish there was some way to speed up this process, but I'm resigned to the fact that it'll just take... ugh, more practice.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

2. *bump*
    Finally! Took me awhile to find this again (due to my headaches and the unstoppable Tsunami that is Segatron who bumped this off page one ).

Anyway, congrates, Ammadeau !! *bookmarks page* I'm still up to page 8 now (sloooow loading... don't worry, tho'. It's from my end). But so far, I'm loving it! The dialog's clever, clean art, interesting characters (Ken is how I imagine you to be ^_^), and the story's getting more and more interesting...

*finished reading it*
    Well done! Great job and kudos! Please do more !! This has great potential, Amm. Great potential.

*explores website*
    Heeey... there's some old Kumiko comics?! And in color, too! Which one is the 'real' Kumiko?

3. Quote Originally Posted by mrdandy
    *bump*
    Finally! Took me awhile to find this again (due to my headaches and the unstoppable Tsunami that is Segatron who bumped this off page one ).
    I actually forgot I posted it here. I only came into the Gallery because I saw your new post.

Anyway, congrates, Ammadeau !! *bookmarks page* I'm still up to page 8 now (sloooow loading... don't worry, tho'. It's from my end). But so far, I'm loving it! The dialog's clever, clean art, interesting characters (Ken is how I imagine you to be ^_^), and the story's getting more and more interesting...
    I'm actually more like Kumiko... aside from being a guy. I'm kind of a ditz and I'm a much bigger pervert than Ken is.

*finished reading it*
    Well done! Great job and kudos! Please do more !! This has great potential, Amm. Great potential.
    Glad you like it. The approval of anyone who can make Ivy look the way you make her is a great compliment.

*explores website*
    Heeey... there's some old Kumiko comics?! And in color, too! Which one is the 'real' Kumiko?
    Akumika is really a redrawing of the first comic, though I've tweaked the story in places and done completely different poses. I did this instead of continuing the old one because the art plain sucks and looks unbelievably ugly to me now. I didn't do Akumika in color simply because it would be more work and I'd rather spend that time making the drawings look as best as they can.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. Akumika is really a redrawing of the first comic, though I've tweaked the story in places and done completely different poses. I did this instead of continuing the old one because the art plain sucks and looks unbelievably ugly to me now.
    I was wondering about that since I remembered the old comic from way back when you posted it at Neomega. Regarding the art, you ought to swing the camera around a bit, instead of always looking at people dead on.