Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII Official Thread

1. i'm slightly disappointed that yoshida doing the design didn't result in more yoshida-esque aesthetics. looks more like he's aping nomura. feh.

but i'm sure it'll be good. how good? who knows.

2. Quote Originally Posted by station82o
    I'm not trying to be racist, but does it bother anyone else that the character design for FF games now makes everyone look Japanese? I understand the games are made in Japan but they're played EVERYWHERE!

I remember looking at FF10's cover in a gamestop and just wondering what the hell was up... whatever happened to the 'universal' character designs of the past? They were doing it all the way up until FF10... whats the deal?
    You my friend have hit upon the very reason I have lost interest in Japanese RPG's and see no reason to waste my time with a PS2. No characters that look like me+cliché ridden, melodramatic, nonsensical storylines (FF VIII I'm looking in your direction)+male characters that look more female than anything = No Sale!

You can imagine my joy when I played Knights of the Old Republic. My first thought (sadly) was "Wow! I've never seen so many black people in a video game!"

It's pathetic and this ethnocetric lean in character design on the other side of the Pacific isn't helping.

Bah!

3. Darth Vadar was black. He was a Nubian King or something as the story goes...

4. I swear, they should just cast that pirate character as a lead in FFXII...

5. Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    Darth Vadar was black. He was a Nubian King or something as the story goes...

6. What's a nubian?

7. Sweet.

From the art/screenies, I'm getting a FFX mixed with FF8 kinda vibe. Which, imo, is a very good thing as I loved both games.

8. Sweet.

From the art/screenies, I'm getting a FFX mixed with FF8 kinda vibe. Which, imo, is a very good thing as I loved both games.

Yeah, FFX had a pretty good system (I didn't much like the sphere grid, but at least they tried something new), and it had a pretty good story, but the entire art direction, from character design to the way the menus freaking looked, sucked.

Hopefully, that won't happen again.

EDIT: Looks like a red X. Improvement!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Sexy red X.