Page 5 of 129 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII Official Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    nomura didn't do the character designs? could've fooled me. i was actually expecting something different.
    that's the biggest disappointment. and i like nomura, but i also like yoshida and i was hoping that there would be something cool and beautiful like he's known for, art-direction wise and character design wise, but it seems like this is way too conventional. square is certainly not in the mood to take even the slightest risks these days, eh?

no other judgments can be made from those screens. too too tiny.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ferricide
    square is certainly not in the mood to take even the slightest risks these days, eh?
    I'd say there's a huge risk at driving their fans blind. Where's Joan Rivers and her posse when you need them?

3. Quote Originally Posted by ferricide
    i also like yoshida and i was hoping that there would be something cool and beautiful like he's known for, art-direction wise and character design wise, but it seems like this is way too conventional.
    i agree completely. i had my hopes set way too high after seeing that promo poster.

on the bright side, the battle system hasn't been revealed yet, so there's still room for something (drastically) different. the more tactical encounters in ffx were an improvment, but too many battles relied on monsters that could only be attacked by certain characters. i know you tend to dislike SRPGs, but i'm hoping that ff12 is more influenced by fft this time around.

4. I've definately laughed a lot during the course of this thread *wipes a silent tear from eye*

lesse.......androgynus guy......check. Girl that squarefans will be able to whack off too......check. Crazy sub animals that furries can whack off to.....check. Pirate dude........check.

Okay, all we're missing is the goth chick, the sullen guy (my personal fav) and the evil girly villian. hooray!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. All of you know you will buy this game and love it. Don't give me the character excuse because Tidus was a complete fruit and FFX is one of the best FF.

SC

6. The girl has a sword.

The guy has jet boots.

To SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Valgar
    The girl has a sword.

The guy has jet boots.

To SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

I was looking for new sig, and you just made it =D congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. yuck, too bad. somehow i thought square would try something different with their flagship series. guess not. at least not in art direction. mini skirts are cool.

9. OMFG Arshe is so cute. Van, I like his pants, I'm not totally hip on the 100% gay vest he's wearing.

I'm a total whore for FFX. If XII plays, acts, looks, and everything else likes it, sweet. My only wish is that they could go the Chrono Cross route and make all of the enemies visible and not random encounters.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi

I'm a total whore

Anywho, Arshe's character design/clothes are almost a dead ringer for Yuna's. And Van looks almost exactly like Maxi from Soul Calibur. The CG and art direction themselves look pretty good, and the logo is sweet. I'll be buying this for sure, can't wait for info on the story and the battle system.
    http://images.southparkstudios.com/i...news/1632a.gif

CRAB PEOPLE!!!! CRAB PEOPLE!!!! TASTE LIKE CRAB, TALK LIKE PEOPLE!!!