Page 1 of 129 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII Official Thread

1. News Final Fantasy XII Official Thread

Click for full size

The guy on the right is named Van, the girl on the left is named Arshe... or something like that. Yup. Also says that more info will be released November 19
    Last edited by MechDeus; 12 Apr 2007 at 08:41 AM.
    If my memory of her has an expiration date, let it be 10,000 years.

2. Another ridiculous looking main character and more silly costumes! Great. Still, I'm holding out a lot of hope for this being a lot different from FFX.

3. I thought the people from FF:T and Vagrant Story were supposed to be doing this one. If that's still true, I'm sure it will be awesome, regardless of wha the characters look like.

SC

Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    Still, I'm holding out a lot of hope for this being a lot different from FFX.
    I'm not. Ten was one of the best in the series.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    Another ridiculous looking main character and more silly costumes! Great.
    this coming from someone with a gungrave avatar. =)

6. I'm not. Ten was one of the best in the series.
    no doubt. i actually don't care if it plays the same, but just give me another great story to go along with it.

and is that a chocobo in the first screenshot?

7. I'm not trying to be racist, but does it bother anyone else that the character design for FF games now makes everyone look Japanese? I understand the games are made in Japan but they're played EVERYWHERE!

I remember looking at FF10's cover in a gamestop and just wondering what the hell was up... whatever happened to the 'universal' character designs of the past? They were doing it all the way up until FF10... whats the deal?
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

8. That kooky pirate guy is at it again.
    pwned by Ivan

9. FFX just didn't do it for me. I don't much enjoy the new FF style that FFX and FFX-2 picked up, and this seems to be running with. But the game's pretty far off, so I'm not going to worry about that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ferricide
    this coming from someone with a gungrave avatar. =)
    Yasuhiro Nightow's designs may hinge on ridiculous sometimes, but they're always badass. That guy looks like he's wearing a vest suited to the monkey from Aladdin or somesuch.

10. Arshe's skirt is, like, really short. And she looks pretty young. Gah!

On the bright side, it looks like the Bangaa from Tactics Advance and in it in some form or fashion.

I like the colors, the way the graphics look, and the setting. Not so sure about the aesthetic/costume setup. Just let it play like FFX...please? I'd really like to see more though, and I hope the story is something less sappy and more like Tactics. Ah, I know I'll buy it anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.