Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 115125127128129
Results 1,281 to 1,283 of 1283

Thread: Final Fantasy XII Official Thread

1. You could actually do the whole job system in regular FFXII, it just wasn't official. I believe there's an FAQ at GFAQs detailing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Survival Kid View Post
    You could actually do the whole job system in regular FFXII, it just wasn't official. I believe there's an FAQ at GFAQs detailing it.
    thats true. it all came down to equip choices and what licenses. Easily doable.

JBNagis

3. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Because you can't completely turn it all off and make it turn based in what I would have liked, that's why.
    What can't be turned off?
    I never understand why this is such a hard concept for people to fucking understand, not everyone is going to like the same thing and personally I didn't like the feel or layout or style of combat in FFXII.
    I have no issue with you not liking the feel of the combat, what I have issue with is your intense laziness to not be bothered to press the menu button which is leading to false statements. If most of your primary complaints weren't hinged 100% on that fact that would be one thing, but since they are then I'm making fun of you.

With FFXII's battle system you can run away whenever you want, magic spells have an AOE, and it uses Grandia's positional movement for action execution (which allowed abusables like running around to keep an enemy with a full ATB bar at bay while yours charges). So if those are the things that bugged you that's cool, you didn't like the way battles flowed and that's fine, but the specific reasons you've been listing have all been things that show you either didn't bother to look or were so blindsided by it having a different GUI with the characters and enemies not perfectly lined up opposite each other that your brain just shut off.

I'm also guessing it's the latter because most of the things which MMOs do differently and what defines them from regular RPGs aren't present in FFXII. It's like saying Burnout feels like a simulation racing game because it has good physics.