Thread: The Returner - Awesome Upcoming Japanese Action film

1. The Returner - Awesome Upcoming Japanese Action film

Here is the link to the site of upcoming Japanese action film - Returner, starring Takeshi Kaneshiro(model for Samonoske from Onimusha game ). Check out the awesome trailer for this film on that page:

http://www.returner.net/

It set to come out this summer in Japan, and hopefully dvd will be released soon after that.

2. ...

This movie looks awesome! There most likely should be a HK DVD of this since Kaneshiro is huge there...can't wait to see this one...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

3. Have you seen Downtown Torpedoes, with him and Jordan Chan? I thought it was pretty cool spy/action film, simular to Mission Impossible, only better

4. ...

Originally posted by Despair
    Have you seen Downtown Torpedoes, with him and Jordan Chan? I thought it was pretty cool spy/action film, simular to Mission Impossible, only better
    Yeah, I saw the VCD and really enjoyed it...much better than MI. He's also good in the action film 'Hero' by Golden Harvest that came out a few years ago with Yuen Biao.

5. Right !! I completely forgot about Hero. It was a very good film. Lots of good fighting, gun fights, and Yen Biao was pretty good too. Too bad HK dvd of is really cut Lots of violence is missing, especially at the end. I have a vhs copy of it, and its full Takeshi did a good job as a fighter in this one.

6. ...

Originally posted by Despair
    Right !! I completely forgot about Hero. It was a very good film. Lots of good fighting, gun fights, and Yen Biao was pretty good too. Too bad HK dvd of is really cut Lots of violence is missing, especially at the end. I have a vhs copy of it, and its full Takeshi did a good job as a fighter in this one.
    I thought there was something wrong with my copy...in the final fight scene it just jumps to the end at one point. What the hell? I din't know HK DVDs were ever cut...hmmm...where did you pick up the VHS?

7. Before I went vcd/dvd routine I was getting my HK films from Video Junkie. They were like $15 per vhs, and I builded a good collection back in the day

Here is the link to their site: http://vidjunkie.com/

Quality was pretty good, and so were the services. Check them out.