Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Late Night Wars Episode 4: A New Orange Hope

1. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    He was complaining how most of his guests are scum, but that night he had a great show.
    He says that every night.

2. Anyone see tonights/last nights show when he had the rock paper scissors guy on (Billy Bob Thorton was the main guest). God, I wanted Conan to win so bad. The stupid fuckhole was a good guest, but he was too cocky. And his voice was annoying as all hell.

That was the only really great part of the show. The opening sketch where he went to Martha Stewarts stable was decent, but certainly not anything special.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Criticom
    He says that every night.
    No, usually he says that they have a good show and 99% of the time it's a lie. He outright called his guests scum (and it wasn't in the "laugh zone" either). It was along the lines, but way more blunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Oh yeah, ok. Still though, it's just his schtick.

Yeah, Crit's right.

Anyway, just saw that RPS guy. What a fucking tool. Strategies? Cracker, please. That "sport" is ass, and stoo the foo up.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Who amongst you have gone to a taping of Conan?

I did. A looong time ago when Andy was still on (okay it was maybe in 1998 or 1999). The guests were Salma Hayek, Richard Branson (mega billionaire Virgin guy) and the Dixie Chicks right before they hit it big. Like I saw them, thought they were shit, and 3 months later they were all over the place.

And Salma Hayek, my God. I just cant describe how fucking hot she is.

Seeing the Conan show live was like a religious experience. Like going to Mecca or something.

7. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Seeing the Conan show live was like a religious experience. Like going to Mecca or something.
    It's on my "List of things to do before I die". Go me.

8. There's no right or wrong. Yes, he does say it, but usually it's in the monologue and this time he was extremely blunt with the scum business. I was just pointing out how funny it was this time because of the delivery difference.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Who amongst you have gone to a taping of Conan?

I did. A looong time ago when Andy was still on (okay it was maybe in 1998 or 1999). The guests were Salma Hayek, Richard Branson (mega billionaire Virgin guy) and the Dixie Chicks right before they hit it big. Like I saw them, thought they were shit, and 3 months later they were all over the place.

And Salma Hayek, my God. I just cant describe how fucking hot she is.

What do they do during the commercial breaks?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. just a shout out:
    If anyone for whatever reason ever comes across the following conan skits, let me know if you'd be so kind =X

1. Mr. T and the apple ranch
    2. The New Years skit where Conan, Max, and the Announcer dude dressed up and the whole story was told in photographs. That was the hardest I've ever laughed in my life.

anyway, conan rules! VA VA VOOOM!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. They've done a bunch of those "stories through photographs". One of the consistantly funny skits on the show.