Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 6878808182

Thread: Late Night Wars Episode 4: A New Orange Hope

1. I'm just glad they didn't give it to Craigyferg. I'd hate to see the 10:30 slot do to him what it did to Conan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    a bold step

has Colbert done anything where he isn't playing a straight but exaggerated version of something else? I'm drawing a blank.
    he'll be fine

3. I bet "Craigyferg" is happy too. I heard he gets a big payday for not getting the job.

4. Colbert sucks IMO. Terrible choice.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I bet "Craigyferg" is happy too. I heard he gets a big payday for not getting the job.
    Yea he will get paid but it still must suck after you put in the work all these years.

He would has gotten a nice raise had he got the job anyway.

6. The late night talk show format is like this weird anachronistic throwback to the variety show era. I hate it. I think Colbert is a good choice but I'm mostly bummed he'll be leaving an actually good show to go to CBS and pretend like it's 1963.

7. I'm happy for Colbert. But this is a dumb move on CBS' part. If they knew what they were doing they'd retire The Late Show altogether, pay Carvey what he wants, still bring on Colbert and Carell, and bring back The Taco Bell Dana Carvey Show!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The late night talk show format is like this weird anachronistic throwback to the variety show era. I hate it. I think Colbert is a good choice but I'm mostly bummed he'll be leaving an actually good show to go to CBS and pretend like it's 1963.
    He might just be bored of playing the Colbert character

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Yea he will get paid but it still must suck after you put in the work all these years.

He would has gotten a nice raise had he got the job anyway.
    He would have a lot of extra pressure too. What if the ratings didn't go the way CBS wanted? How long do you think he'd get to keep the show? This way he keeps doing what I assume he enjoys doing, there's zero ratings pressure, and he get's a fat bonus.

10. I haven't watched a "late night" talk show regularly since middle school, I figure that's not changing one way or the other.

Colbert Report has always been Daily Show 1.5, I wonder what will replace it. The interviews were always nice. They've been easily accessible online for the last few years, no need to actually watch CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!