Page 1 of 19 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Apple Thread

1. The New Apple Thread

Yesterday I completed my requirements for Apple Certification. I am now a fully certified Apple Technician and I get a really awesome certificate and some fun stuff to wear/pin on my clothes. I know Aurora works for those AppleCare bastards in Texas or something like that, but does anyone else here work in the same profession as me?

I wanted to start a new thread about Macs since the other was kind of long and has fallen by the wayside. So here we are. Pictures:

My Desktop certification

My Portables certification

My OS certification

Note the great OS performance. It's funny because I like working with hardware problems, but I hate doing software work, yet I did better with the software test than the two hardware ones.

2. So how long was the section on upgrading?

Step 1) insert mac into trash
    Step 2) Buy New Mac
    Step 3) Repeat

I kid I kid. Congrats on the certification, Apple Certified guys are very rare around here, and the ones that are here get treated like royality, since they are so few and far between.

3. So how long was the section on upgrading?

Step 1) insert mac into trash
    Step 2) Buy New Mac
    Step 3) Repeat

I kid I kid. Congrats on the certification, Apple Certified guys are very rare around here, and the ones that are here get treated like royality, since they are so few and far between.

4. That's because Apple makes the tests so damned hard that you can't pass. They don't WANT techs getting certified.

I don't work there anymore, heh. I work for Nickelodeon now
    I took all your French Toast.

6. They got Macs in the computer lab with OS X.2 (last year they had OS 9). They make the XP machines look like garbage in every way.

7. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    They got Macs in the computer lab with OS X.2 (last year they had OS 9). They make the XP machines look like garbage in every way.
    Especially when you compare the amount of available software and price.

Seriously though, congrats on the cert, I wish I had more hardware knowledge, I'm more a programming guy these days.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo
    Especially when you compare the amount of available software and price.

Seriously though, congrats on the cert, I wish I had more hardware knowledge, I'm more a programming guy these days.
    Do you use Macs? If you do, you can become a Premier Developer.

http://developer.apple.com/

9. I got a G4 how can i upgrade my speed, im currently 800Mhz.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander
    Do you use Macs? If you do, you can become a Premier Developer.

http://developer.apple.com/
    I use one at work, currently only to make sure the stuff I do works cross platform.