Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: "I'm Luvin' It"

1. "I'm Luvin' It"

So, what's up with this annoying ad campaign of McDonald's?

2. I never understand why McDonalds bothers with ads. I mean, who the hell doesn't know what McDonalds is?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. I was gonna make a thread about this but I forgot, yea - this is the worst fucking ad campaign in the history of the world. Like my roommate said, "its good that McDonalds is finally speaking to me".

See the problem is that people all across the country are realizing that McDonalds is fucking terrible (easily the worst fast food), and there are enough other fast food places within easy reach if you need to get your arteries clogged. Not only that but it seems like people are finally starting to begin to realize just how awful this shit is for you. So their sales are plummeting. And with good reason. They are terrible.

4. I heard that in California there's actually a chain of healthy fast food chain resturants (don't know he name) opening up that's supposed to be pretty good. If so, I hope they make their way out here to NY...

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. According to a press release I read a while ago, McDonalds is trying to appeal to "urban youth" with their new campaign.

In other words, the "hire a bunch of rappers, and kids will buy your stuff" way of thinking.

Most retarded campaign ever.

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    I was gonna make a thread about this but I forgot, yea - this is the worst fucking ad campaign in the history of the world.
    Worse than the one where Ronald McDonald was dancing at a rave?

7. The idea is they're trying to appeal to the "regular" person. All those ads with the guy sitting on his kitchen counter next to a mess of pots and pans reading "I don't need to know how to cook" and the guy laying on top of his car or a dog outdoors with a logo reading "attitude".

Why is it too that so many ads today seem to rely on rap or hip hop music? They assume that all 18-35 year olds like that crap. Guess what, we don't. There's gotta be some 72 year old obese corporate idiot who thinks if you incorporate hip-hop the 'urban youth' (ooooohya) are going to buy into it - and hey, maybe some will. But it seems to me that many people find it pretentious and downright annoying.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Darkweaver
    Why is it too that so many ads today seem to rely on rap or hip hop music? They assume that all 18-35 year olds like that crap. Guess what, we don't.
    No, but you see... the problem is that we do. Well, I dont, and you dont, but many others do. Rap is the fastest selling genre in music, by far (at least last time I checked). People eat that shit up with a spoon.

There is some rap I really like, dont get me wrong. Jurassic 5 is great and so is Dilated Peoples. But obviously most of it is crap. My friend was listening to the new Jay-Z "Black Album" a few days ago and I heard some of it... and amazing! Its the same garbage the dude has been putting out since Big Pimpin... lots of shitty beats and samples with him rapping about how he came from the hood and now he's awesome and dont fuck with his niggas and drink Armandale and whatever...

but as far as I know its selling like crazy.

LOL Guest
    Billboard's top 10 recently listed 10 black artists for the first time ever.

Everyone that isn't you listens to it.

I also agree with DiffX's recommendations on good hip-hop.

10. i bet Supa'dupe the Burger King DJ is at the root of all this