Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help Me This Is Important

1. Please Help Me This Is Important

Hi This quiestion may sound extremely dumb but here i go. Can someone please tell me what tnl is?????

i just bought spiderman for the pc and when i go into the game it tell me that i need a TNL capable cd card

PLEASE HELP ME NOW

THANK YOu

2. A "TNL capable" card is a card capable of properly unencrypting The Next Level, the very website you've posted to. Though the version you're seeing is, I'm sure, more than adequate for the basics, if you saw the site as I see the site with my TNL-capable card, you'd cry tears of joy for the sheer beauty laid resplendent before you.

So what can you tell us about your computer?

James

3. It's got a AMD 1600XP cpu with 256 Ram. The video card is a Diamond Viper V770. I am running Win98SE.

thanks man

4. Diamond 770? That's a 32 MB TNT2, right? It should run. It won't look good, but it should run.

I believe by "TNL" they have to mean transformation and lighting, but I don't think I've ever heard of it refered to that way. Unless it says TNT and you're misreading it.

Oh, and get a GeForce 3 or 4 (NOT MX. Ti series, please) and probably another 256 MB of RAM. I don't know what the hell you're doing with a 1.4 GHz processor and a TNT2 card.

5. yeah i believe TnL is Transformation and Lighting

6. it says TNL
    but on the box it says it needs 3d harware accelerator (32MB VRAM) with full transform and lighting

7. "TNL capable" card is a card capable of properly unencrypting The Next Level, the very website you've posted to. Though the version you're seeing is, I'm sure, more than adequate for the basics, if you saw the site as I see the site with my TNL-capable card, you'd cry tears of joy for the sheer beauty laid resplendent before you.
    Damn that was funny! And rather what I was thinking too...

Unfortunately, since the site for the game is pure ass (which seems to usually be the case in any multiplatform game, especially when one of the platforms is PC), I can't seem to even find a damn listing of tested compatible cards. Check the documentation the game came with, and see if you can find a list. Otherwise, I suggest emailing the company with your problem, they'll probably know better.

Oh, and great title.

8. Yeah, it should run. I think. And scratch the extra 256 RAM I said you should get, unless you're gonna upgrade to Windows XP. 98 won't do shit with more than 256 MB of RAM.

9. thanks my computer isnt good enough but thanks for the help

10. You're computer's fine. Just get a better graphics card (like I said, GeForce 3 or 4 Ti, or maybe a Radeon 8500). I still recommend XP and extra RAM, but that's not necessary. You'll be able to run practically any new game coming out if you drop $200-300 on a nice graphics card. Spiderman (and anything else you buy) will look ten times better.