Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Where the SEGA franchises are... (will be)

1. Xbox to PS2 ports, hmmmm not good. I guess we will see when Wreckless for PS2 comes out, I don't think the PS2 has the raw power to run that game, that also goes with JSRF, I think we will be seeing some ugly ports in the coming year. Hopefully, publishers/developers will see this and hold of the port maddness, I am really sick of the port disease that is going on right now! Bleh just about every week there is a port coming out, and it makes me sick.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

2. As far as I'm concerned, Sega is one of the few companies doing it right. They have original content going to all major consoles, and they seems to be trying hard to make such releases take full advantage of the respective platforms. Once that is done, I couldn't care less where the "ports" go.

E.g., JSRF came out on Xbox and took advantage of the hardware, as most/all Jet Set fans have seen (and heard...and played). Now, there's rumor (fact?) of a PS2 port? Who cares!! I think it's just dandy that some PS2 owners will get to play it (albeit, in a probably inferior version), and Sega will make a few bucks.

The point? Sega's teams do not appear to be getting into the very BAD habit of creating projects for SIMULTANEUOS RELEASE, which is typically a recipe for mediocrity. Like I said, I think Sega is doing just fine by gamers, regardless of which console(s) they happen to own.

3. Well said....and remember, we're talking about Sega here. They won't compromise gameplay over graphics, so don't worry too much about the playability of the title. I mean, did you see VF4? Or, what about Gran Turismo? Or what about MGS2? Or what about DMC? Or what about ICO? Or what about Baldur's Gate? If any of you says that these are games are mediocre compared to other X-Box and GC games, you seriously have some vision and mental problems. Sure there are better looking games, but not by the margin that some of you think. The PS2 is capable of doing some great things, it's just a very shitty system. Long live GC!

4. No Ginjuro, I think you're the one that's never seen any Xbox games in action if you think so. MGS2 is the only game you listed that Would still qualify as having 'good' graphics if it were ported to xbox, and that would only be because right now it'd be a 2nd gen title.
    Rallisport Challenge looks alot better than GT3, and runs at silky framerates, DoA3 looks ALOT better than VF4. DMC ICO and BGA are all pretty ugly to begin with. Crappy texture quality and unimpressive architecture in all 3. Heck the only cool lookin thing in BGA is the water rippling, which is pretty simple in actuality.
    ------
    I am Yang.

5. Well all the games you mentioned (minus VF4 and Baldurs Gate) were made for the PS2, not ports. As in they were made with the PS2 soley in mind. Much like JSRF was for the Xbox, so porting it DOWN to the PS2 means they have to alter things to dumb it down for the PS2. Xbox is more powerfull than the PS2, things would be differant if the game was coming from PS2 to Xbox,it might look better on Xbox even. Also, VF4 was hurt by the PS2, those jaggies just hurt like hell. Ico is one of the best looking games on the planet, but thats not do to the power of the PS2, thats due to art direction. When you have to bring things Down from a level to fit on a lower level, they will not look the same. PS2 does have lots of power, sure games made for the PS2 look great, but a game made strictly for the Xbox will look better.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!