Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reviewing Games That Aren't Done

1. No, Stuff is just retarded. I doubt the publishers even talk to Stuff. But EGM, OPM, etc? Definitely.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Xero_Kaiser
    Ninja gaiden is due out in early december isn't it? they've gotta be done with it by now

Remember Magazines have lag time. That means that this issue went to press about 3 weeks ago and the game was reviewed before that.
    All this fighting. Over toys and games?

3. As it stands now the game is looking to be delayed till Februrary
    well, damn

But that aside, I chose Ninja Gaiden to pick on because so little of the game has been shown... and so few editors have even gotten the chance to PLAY the game much less see it running in real time.
    I thought if the game was about to be released there would've been a review copy out by now. but if it's really been delayed again (I haven't been paying much attention), then just ignore me

4. You do know that companies are the ones that send out the games that will have "PREVIEW" or "REVEIW" written on it, right?

5. GMR's exclsuve Ninja Gaiden review was fully sanctioned by Tecmo. Was the build 100% final? Probably not, since word on the street is that it's being delayed by a month. Were they given exclusive rights to review it first under direct juristiction of the almighty Itagaki? Yes.
    shane_

6. Why do you care about unfinished reviews?

You, as a consumer, can choose where to put your money. Most reviews are complete and utter crap. If you don't like it, don't buy the mags, don't buy the games.

Given the lifespan of most mags these days, why does it matter anyway.
    Have a Pile of Shame? Destroy it! Join the Warpact

7. What did it get anyway?

8. Quote Originally Posted by skullkid
    Remember Magazines have lag time. That means that this issue went to press about 3 weeks ago and the game was reviewed before that.
    Yep, this is the problem with Printed Magazines... IT's going to be almost impossible for the mags to play the same game that is out on the shelves of the stores if they want to have the review available at the time the game releases, or even near it. Now it's a case of which is the lesser evil? Reading a review of a game that was 95% or so done? Or reading a review of the exact game on the shelves, only and month and a half after it has released?

Well, over the past few years, they have been losing business to the internet, which have instanteous publish times. However, magazines go out only monthly, with editorials written about 2 months in advance.

This is definitely an attempt to stay on top, and nothing else.

10. Quote Originally Posted by thray-walsh
    the almighty Itagaki?
    Man of the Year
    Play Guitar Hero //