Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellboy!

1. Hellboy!

Browsing through CBR again and they have a photo from the official Hellboy site of Ron in full makeup. Looks pretty friggin accurate if you ask me.

Here's a small comparison shot of the Mike Mignola drawing

They also reported this:

Fans have been waiting for it for months and it's finally here: The first publicity photo from the set of "Hellboy" featuring Ron Perlman in full makeup is now online. Click the image at right to view it.

Perlman is seen holding "The Samaritan," the over-sided B.P.R.D. handgun that TyRuben Ellingson designed for the film.

The image bears some resemblance to the "Hellboy" teaser poster that circulated at last summer's Comic-Con International in San Diego. That poster featured an image of Ron Perlman as Hellboy, drawn in profile by creator Mike Mignola.

The similarity may be intentional. Back in November, director Guillermo del Toro told C2F that he planned tp create a new poster to be handed out at this summer's convention. The director said that the new poster would be identical to the old one, except it would be a photo instead of a drawing.

More goodies are expected at Hellsite.com soon.
    Now I haven't had the chance to buy any of the comics/trades(maybe Lordmrw can help out on this one) but if the movie is good enough it just might. Its being directed by the same guy who did the Blade 2 work and judging from that movie this should kick ass.

Hellboy looks like this in his comic/full form.

[thumbnail]http://www.gregstorey.com/hellboy/desktops/hellboy.bog.red.jpg[/thumbnail]

From a statue.

2. That likeness is pretty friggin' amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. Quick! Where's Despair?! Seems exactly like his kind of movie.

4. Yep!

I'm hoping it turns out to be stylish and action packed.

5. Stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Mike Mignola's art is fucking rad.

7. Ron Pearlman is the perfect choice for the role. He can act and he has a great face that matches the character.

8. Okay, that photo fucking RULES! If they get the rest of the character right (hooves, huge right arm), I'm there.

Now, why can't Punisher look this good??

9. Originally posted by SXA
    Quick! Where's Despair?! Seems exactly like his kind of movie.
    I'm here

I've been following the development of Hellboy for a while now. I'm not familiar with the comic, so the movie will be my initiation into Hellboy universe, but I like Guelrmo Del Toro(Cronos, Mimic, Blade 2, Devils Backbone), and I'm sure he will do a great job. Ron Perlman looks great as title character, very imposing.

10. now what the heck does ron pearlman look like without makeup?