Thread: anyone ever use the Shenmue passport when it was still active???

1. anyone ever use the Shenmue passport when it was still active???

did anyone ever even put in the passport disc??

I found out what the passport disc was about 9 months after I beat the game

I replayed that game again just a month+ ago just to see what the passport had

and does shenmue 2 have a passport disc or anything similar to it?
    http://www.bioweapons.com/images/GN3Guyvers.jpg

Most OVERRATED videogame of ALL Time

-GTA3

"Well, I have lots of impressions about the PS2 (smiles)...if you turn off that recorder I'll tell you some things (laughter)"
    -AM2's Yu Suzuki

2. Is the online passport service still up? Because I know that they where shutting them down some time in april.

Here's what the online passport had:

- A list and biograpy of every character and animal you met.
    - A map of Yokosuka (or whatever) with info about all the locales.
    - Shenmue News, like annoucements of Yuji Naka appearance.
    - Nozomi's messages, little games hints.
    - It had this thing that gave you info on every little thing you ever did. Like how many times you locked on to something, and all your high scores.
    - Every one's space, where you could see the weather forcast, look at your cat, trade items, and use those winning cans for little vmu animations.

And the best part:
    - World Rankings

For a few days, I was the #1 Forklift opperator in all of New Jersey.

3. I put the Passport disk in one day, and thought it was nothing more than the Sega Webpage link to Shenmue. I did'nt realize, until someone posted a few months ago, that the passport had game rankings, of the arcade games you played. Too late now.

4. Passport disc was merely for bragging rights. Offline it was worthless.

Part 2 doesn't have a passport disc, which is a shame because Afterburner II owns.

5. Part II has the Shenmue Collection which is much cooler than the passport, since it includes all the arcade games from the series (including Afterburner II), lets you play all the QTEs and fights again, and has a Shenmue video with that infamous footage of the game when it was still on Saturn.
    -Kyo

6. I used it for mainly one reason....

How many walls I had run into.

Best stat ever....
    They call me Heatmiser
    and whatever I touch
    starts to melt in my clutch
    I'm too much!

7. Originally posted by NachoHat
    I used it for mainly one reason....

How many walls I had run into.

Best stat ever....

I never used it to go online but the disc wac great cause I could replay unlocked music tracks and cut-scenes sadly part 2 had no feature like that.

Korian

9. The passport disc told me how many times and for how long I had played with that stupid cat. No tough guy plays with a cat for 45 minutes every day...

I'm such a lamo