Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy $5 off trick works for another year!

1. To everybody that thanked me, your welcome. Though I'm not the only one who has been singing the praises of the gift cards. Burg and a few other are also constantly mentioning it in the Discount Thread among other places.

As long as it means more games for TNL members, that means more videogame conversation!

PS: Good idea on the sticky, and thanks for stickying

2. Assist my feeble brain, por favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    All you have to do is get a "gamer's gift card" (they are in CD jewel cases near the videogames), put $.01 on it or whatever, and then spend it on the game you want and punch out the coupon that comes with it to get $5 off. Every time I buy a game or accessory at Best Buy (which already has pretty good prices) I get a gift card and spend it immediately and use the coupon.
    I don't understand this. Do you buy the card? What's this about putting money onto the card? Is the card basically just a gift certificate (of whatever denomination you choose) that comes with a $5 off coupon? Okay, as I'm typing this I'm thinking I've caught on.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    You can ALWAYS get $5 off any videogame or accessory priced 19.99 and up at Best Buy all year round.
    Unless the game is already on sale. In which case you need to convince the Best Buy employee in the check-out line that it must be a glitch when the register refuses to automatically apply the $5 discount to the item.

4. I've never had a problem using the coupon on sale items.

Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    I don't understand this. Do you buy the card? What's this about putting money onto the card? Is the card basically just a gift certificate (of whatever denomination you choose) that comes with a $5 off coupon? Okay, as I'm typing this I'm thinking I've caught on.
    That's about right. The card is a store credit in the amount you choose (apparently it can be as low as one cent, but I just put enough money on to cover the ensuing purchase), only it comes with a coupon for $5 any game or accessory $19.99 and up.

5. Awesome, I can save some money buying myself Christmas presents this year. I would have been too dense to figure this out on my own, so thanks. Money ^^

6. Anyone know if this works with other coupons? I've got a few $5 off any ps2 game coupons from the Sony PS Patrol tour truck.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

7. Can I use it on DVDs?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    Can I use it on DVDs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Master
    You can ALWAYS get $5 off any videogame or accessory priced 19.99 and up at Best Buy all year round.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

9. Just games and accessories.

10. So, this is'nt the same as the Best Buy gift cards($10, $20 etc..) they have by the registers, I take?

I need to pay more attention. I thought the cards they had in the gaming isles were the same as those at the registers.