Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy $5 off trick works for another year!

1. Just curious, can use more than one at time? Magic Pengel is $20, I put $5 on two seperate cards, and use the two cards and get the game for $10? That would be sweet.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

2. I just got back from Best Buy with an interesting experience...

I walked into Best Buy in hopes of finding the GBA 6-pack of games to get credit from EB. None in my store.

So I proceed over these coupons and pick one up. I also picked the latest Xbox Exhibition disc for no particular reason. It was $5, what the heck. So I'm at the counter and the guy rings up my stuff to....$0.01. A little shocked, I handed the guy my penny. He didn't seem to know what was going to on. He was suposed to have taken the coupone, but didn't. I ended up walking out of the store with the demo disc and still having the coupon. Yay.

I put the the disc into my car and went back with the coupon. There was a GameCube broadband adapter with my name on it.

I pick up my adapter and about 10 of these little jewel cases and walked over the register. I was attended by this thug-type cashier who once again didn't really seem to know what was going on. Retail stores are desperate for employees holiday time aren't they? He rang up my adapter with the coupon and 10 of these coupons at $0.01 each. Dumbfounded by what was going on, yes, but I wasn't doing anything illegal, so, I walked out of the store a happy customer.

Time to pick up Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga tomorrow.

3. Yea, I tried that shit today too. Didn't work. I was not lucky enough to get a thug. He caught on real quick that I was after the coupon and said that the minimum I could put on the card was $10 which I knew was a lie since it was not mentioned on the gift card. I just left the store, pissed.
    I don't know how to get rid of the huge space here.

4. Who cares if you had to spend $10? You have to spend at least 14.99 on whatever you use on it because what you get has to be priced 19.99 and up.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Hot Like Wasabi
    Just curious, can use more than one at time? Magic Pengel is $20, I put $5 on two seperate cards, and use the two cards and get the game for $10? That would be sweet.
    Only if your cashier is an idiot. Which is entirely possible.

6. Quote Originally Posted by seen
    Yea, I tried that shit today too. Didn't work. I was not lucky enough to get a thug. He caught on real quick that I was after the coupon and said that the minimum I could put on the card was $10 which I knew was a lie since it was not mentioned on the gift card. I just left the store, pissed.
    You prolly got a regular cashier.... you can always tell who the seasonal people are, because they look a bit lost and go alot slower. They don't care what's going on, since they get fired in Janurary most of the time, anyways.

All I know is I just score Mario & Luigi for 20 bucks, and I'll be back on wednesday to get Sword Of Mana for 20 bucks as well, since both are on sale for 25.

I'll cancel my preorder at EB, because there's nothing like saving 10 bucks
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

7. Wow. I'mma have'ta try me some of this.

And, uh . . . I don't know why you're only putting a penny on the card, man. It still works out the same when you get the game to the counter (so long as you use the giftcard to purchase the game).
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. Uhm, just pay the 10 bucks on the card, then use it on the game you are using. Duh! hehe
    I mean you are buying the game anyways so what's the difference if you buy the card, then get the game with the card or vice versa?

No dif!

9. best buy

wait, so how much did you end up spending on the broadband adapter, did you use all 10 coupons on it?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Speed Racer
    wait, so how much did you end up spending on the broadband adapter, did you use all 10 coupons on it?
    The 2nd time around I had a different cashier. So, I could only use one of them, plus it says it on the coupon itself, "one coupon per title."

If I had the same guy as earlier I might have been able to use all the coupons on it.