Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Buy $5 off trick works for another year!

1. Puyo Best Buy $5 off trick works for another year!

I have said it many times, but I'm not sure if everybody knows:

You can ALWAYS get $5 off any videogame or accessory priced 19.99 and up at Best Buy all year round.

All you have to do is get a "gamer's gift card" (they are in CD jewel cases near the videogames), put $.01 on it or whatever, and then spend it on the game you want and punch out the coupon that comes with it to get $5 off. Every time I buy a game or accessory at Best Buy (which already has pretty good prices) I get a gift card and spend it immediately and use the coupon.

The coupons all say "expires December 31, 2003" but they just released new ones that are good throughout all of 2004. Lets hope they never catch on and I can continue to get new games for 44.99 and greatest hits for 14.99

2. What's to catch on to? Best Buy offers you a coupon...you use it. It's not a scam.

But this is good news.

The best use IMO is with new GBA games that are usually already marked down $5.

---

Oh...you mean the "putting $.01" part. I didn't even think of that...I just put however much I need to spend on the game on the card.

3. Nice. So, I just grab a card, go to the counter, hand the cashier a penny, then go back and pick out my game?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Like I said, if they give you a hard time, just put $15 on it, which is the minimum after-discount price of anything the coupon is good for.

5. I never said it was a scam. But yeah, its totally legit. Just a lack of foresight on their part.

6. This is going to save me tons of money, thanks master. I'll probably get one tomorrow, or sometime soon, after getting my bearing from their Black Friday madness.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. This is good news indeed.

Thanks to the gamer gift card I've gotten EyeToy for $35 and Mario&Luigi for $20.

btw, I don't know if this is all that important, but the BestBuys in my area have moved the Gamer Gift Cards out of the gaming section. Makes no sense me, but I did find them by the registers and customer service area.

8. lol, TNLs bargain shopper. Good job though, but I don't know how this fairs in Canada. Unlike brisco bold, however, my town actually has a best buy and it's just a short 5 minute drive at breakneck speed away.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Hmmm...I'm gonna have to give this a whirl when Sword of Mana comes out next week. Thanks for the heads up, Master!

I also propose that this thread be stickied till the day Best Buy stops offering the coupon with the Gamers Gift Card
    omg TNL epics!

10. I don't know if I'll leave it up for quite that long, but I'll sticky it for now.